MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dream Theater's New Track out June 29, 11AM EST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dream Theater's New Track out June 29, 11AM EST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream Theater's New Track out June 29, 11AM EST
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 4:35pm

Roadrunner Records and Dream Theater are proud to announce the premiere of Dream Theater's new track "On The Backs Of Angels" taken from their highly anticipated upcoming album "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" due out this September. Tune into Roadrunner Records' YouTube channel this Wednesday, June 29th at 11 AM EST

Source: http://www.dreamtheater.net/
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 5:48pm
Won't be able to make much of the album but a sneak peak is always good.

SC and BC&SL were decent but lets see if DT can win me back!
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

... but lets see if DT can win me back!

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 6:24pm
Looking forward to the new song and the album, but after the disaster that was Black Clouds, I'm not going to preorder.

Not to judge music I haven't heard, but all those song titles look like Enya song titles LOL
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 7:00pm
BC&SL has become my third fav from DT. Looking forward to hearing the new track.
Coffin Joe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 6:11am
At first I didn't like BC&SL, but It's among my favorite DT albums today. I'm very much looking forward to the new album, & yeah I'm prob. going to be preordering it 
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 7:49am
I never disliked BC&SL.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:12am
I won't pass judgement before hearing this song, but anything goes after 11AM. Wink
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:10am
I was skeptical at first, just looking at the cover (Does anyone like it?), but the song is actually very good IMO. Sounds a lot like "Wither" off of BC&SL, and as DT has mentioned before it doesn't have too much of Mangini's own style to it. On a side note Myung is a freakin boss, I love his bass lines, and he has some excellent ones on this track. Definitely a 4.5/ 5 star song. 

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:16am
good song, I liked it. Clap
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:27am
Fairly impressed. Again it's Labrie when he goes into chorus with Petrucci that jags me. Myung's bass is fabulous. Liked the keys and Petrucci is great as always. It is after all thier first single thus probably being the most "friendly mainstream" song off the album. Nothing too dramatic different from BC&SL.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:28am
I will need to listen to it several times before passing judgement, but first reaction is that it doesn't even get near anything from Black Clouds.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:30am
Listening to it now. It sounds like Dream Theater - it's pretty good.

Wow... come to think of it 2011 gave/gives us a new Dream Theater album, a new Symphony X album, the Arch / Matheos album and the Adrenaline Mob album.... sweet!
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:50am
Songwriting seems a lot better than the repetitive stuff they've been doing. I like it, it sounds like it would fit right in with the rest of Octavarium, which I really liked.

That being said, I thought A Rite of Passage was great the first time I heard it, now it's my least favorite Dream Song, so I'll have to give it time. (And seriously, orchestra hits Jordan?)
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Coffin Joe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Wow... come to think of it 2011 gave/gives us a new Dream Theater album, a new Symphony X album, the Arch / Matheos album and the Adrenaline Mob album.... sweet!

Yeah, it sounds very promising.

You are forgetting the upcoming Rush album Big smile 2011 is going to be a great year for prog - fans
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Coffin Joe Coffin Joe wrote:

You are forgetting the upcoming Rush album Big smile 2011 is going to be a great year for prog - fans

...And Opeth Tongue

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
Well.....let's see what we got

...with so many hyped up things (in both directions) I feel completely empty after hearing it.
GAH! I'll have to do my usual and wait 3 months after the album is out and then listen LOL

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 29 Jun 2011 at 11:07am

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Originally posted by Coffin Joe Coffin Joe wrote:

...And Opeth Tongue

Yes, and Artizan, Queensr�che, Communic, Fair to Midland, Obscura, Sun Caged and a whole bunch of others. I shall now flog myself as punishment.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:26am
Factory of Dreams as well, best prog album this year so far for me, best album this year of any genre in fact.

Back to topic, if that is the art in the video (and I can see no reason why it isn't), then I dislike it a lot. I think I actually preferred the fan art that ended up on PA.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:40am
I hated that fan art but if that was indeed the album art, I dont care for it either.

The song IS good and has potential, but it just left me feeling nothing.
We'll see when I can hear the whole album.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic