MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review Reporting Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:41am
We are discussing the issue in the Admin Zone and will post our decision here.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 4:53am
OK so to prevent rating abuse Phil has now changed the rating weigthing to this:
  • 20x rating for Collaborators/Admins
  • 10x rating for 100+ words reviews (non collab)
  • 1x rating for rating only (non collab)

There�s also been sent a PM to emersonbg where we voice our concern about his ratings.

When that is said, he hasn�t as such done anything illegal. He hasn�t stated anywhere that he rates low for the sake of it and he is entitled to rate any album in the database with exactly the rating he would like to. Just like you and I. That doesn�t mean we shouldn�t voice our concern when we find something suspicious, so please continue to report issues. Thanks.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 8:25pm
^ That's a fair outcome. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 8:35pm
LOL, collab weight is totally Overkill. Pun intended.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:58am
When it comes to reviews I almost never point fingers, since we have diverse tastes and usually abuse is not really so, but I have noticed a good amount of .5 stars on popular albums. (EDIT: Never mind, you said the user has been PM'd)

Up to them, but apparently there has been admittance of downvoting albums just to drive it down? Is this true or just an assumption?
Regardless. it is outright abuse, and for albums with few reviews a very low/high one can move it a bit.

For now I think the weighting system is good. All our collabs have been fair, so while this site is young I'm ok with collab overkill to prevent abuse.

ALSO OVERKILL Headbanger

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 25 Jan 2011 at 4:00am
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

When it comes to reviews I almost never point fingers, since we have diverse tastes and usually abuse is not really so, but I have noticed a good amount of .5 stars on popular albums. (EDIT: Never mind, you said the user has been PM'd)

Up to them, but apparently there has been admittance of downvoting albums just to drive it down? Is this true or just an assumption?
Regardless. it is outright abuse, and for albums with few reviews a very low/high one can move it a bit.

For now I think the weighting system is good. All our collabs have been fair, so while this site is young I'm ok with collab overkill to prevent abuse.

ALSO OVERKILL Headbanger

Can you expand?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:55am
Suspicious ratings should always be reported, but we have to look at it case by case, and while many of us don�t agree with the reported user�s ratings, and some I sense are really frustrated about them, you won�t find only 0.5 ratings or only 5 star ratings among his ratings. He has also rated albums with more moderate ratings and in a case like this I think sending a friendly PM reminding the user that we�re watching his actions and expect him to consider his ratings is enough. Again he has not stated anywhere that he is downvoting those albums for the sake of it and as long as his profile shows a diverse range of ratings I think it�s hard to prove abuse.
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:57am

Sadly it's true.

I PM'd another guy who wrote in his reviews that this was exactly what he was doing - he actually seemed to think it was a fair and reasonable thing to do.

I educated him, politely at first, then applied increasingly heavier lumps of concrete to my baseball bat until he gave in.

This may not be site policy, so I won't make a habit of it, but I'm very keen to send out strong messages to would-be abusers...

Evil Smile
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 6:00am
^ Clap That was the Scorpions case I presume?
<- Click on this!
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

Sadly it's true.

I PM'd another guy who wrote in his reviews that this was exactly what he was doing - he actually seemed to think it was a fair and reasonable thing to do.

I educated him, politely at first, then applied increasingly heavier lumps of concrete to my baseball bat until he gave in.

This may not be site policy, so I won't make a habit of it, but I'm very keen to send out strong messages to would-be abusers...

Evil Smile

I've always said benevolent dictatorships are the best way to get things done!
Just use your power for good and it's ok LOL

I'm ok with it, I assume you didn't threaten the guy or anything and really, it shouldn't be tolerated since he admitted it.
Fair and reasonable? Erm Ermm

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 26 Jan 2011 at 2:47pm
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 9:21am
Does this count as a review? All I see are URLS and album info: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/the-death-of-art--review.aspx?id=273100

EDIT: Looks like it was already deleted, nevermind! LOL

Edited by J-Man - 26 Aug 2012 at 9:22am
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 11:14am
^Yep I�ve deleted the review and had a talk with the member who posted it. It happened to be a band member and we have a nice talkSmile.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:06pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/filosofem/311081

Is a "protest" review without any consideration or mention of the music against site rules?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:07pm
Strictly speaking yes, since the music should be the foremost consideration (I personally enjoy Burzum on occasion yet have utter contempt for its creator). This really doesn't bother me though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/filosofem/311081

Is a "protest" review without any consideration or mention of the music against site rules?

There used to be a review there and there's not any more. It's gone. I don't even want to have that much of my name associated with that cunt, so I just deleted it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic