MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review Reporting Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 1:53pm
All the DT-haters couldn't wait? ;-)
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:09pm
I remember that, I even gave an update or two about new illegitimate ratings. LOL It would've been much easier if the album had been added the day of/before release.

Edited by A Person - 17 Jul 2010 at 9:09pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:22am
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:24am
Thanks UMUR, didn't realize to post that here myself. :-)
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 9:02am
If you fixed the entry, then I can delete the review.

Edit: Done! @ Kim: great job with the Maiden reviewClap!

Edited by Raff - 14 Aug 2010 at 9:02am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:55am
^ Thanks :-) I'm glad that my fears that it would be a second "Virtual XI" were put to shame. I'm looking forward to reading other people's reviews.
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 3:16am
Has anyone invesitgated this guy yet?

He's actually stating in his very low-rated non-reviews (non-reviews, because they don't review albums, merely state his intent) that the reason he's low-marking some albums is not because they're bad, but because he wants to frig our rating system to give higher visibility to other bands!

I can't believe he's actually telling us that!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions - I believe his intentions are good, it's just an abuse of our system, and frankly, to see Lovedrive get less than 5 stars MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL... Wink

OMG - he's half-star rated Sin After Sin, Van Halen, Forged In Fire and a ton of classics just to frig our system. I think he needs educating - trouble is, I would use a large breeze block tied to a baseball bat to perform said edcuation...

Edited by Certif1ed - 10 Dec 2010 at 3:18am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 5:27am
Thanks for reporting. We�ll look into this.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:11pm
Wow, that's really sad. I can't believe someone would give albums that they consider "good" 0.5 stars because it's "ranked too high"... really sickening. Ermm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:29pm
Has a reviews guideline/agreement been established?  If so, I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind.  I found them: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=180&title=reviews-guidelines

I guess Phil should add the link to the initial post in this thread since it says "Coming Soon" where the link should be.

Edited by Stooge - 10 Dec 2010 at 11:04pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 2:12am
Thanks Dan, we are working on that tooSmile.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Wow, that's really sad. I can't believe someone would give albums that they consider "good" 0.5 stars because it's "ranked too high"... really sickening. Ermm

Downvoting just for the sake of downvoting certainly is unacceptable.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Has a reviews guideline/agreement been established?  If so, I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind.  I found them: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=180&title=reviews-guidelines

I guess Phil should add the link to the initial post in this thread since it says "Coming Soon" where the link should be.

Thanks for noticing. I�ve edited the initial post with the link.
Double-D View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 4:26pm
Hi, folks! Does anyone notice what the user named emersonbg is doing? After almost every review posted he puts 0.5 stars to the album and I'm sure that this guy has no idea what he is voting for. After my first review in this site I noticed that this man is checking the top rankings in different sections and votes with 0,5 stars for almost every new album there. Unfortunately there is no simple decision in these sort of situations. I guess there are many like this guy.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 4:35pm
We've already seen this guy, he says he does it to bring down the rating of an album that he thinks is rated to high. Also since it is a rating it is not worth as much.

Double-D View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 4:44pm
So Master Of Puppets deserve 0,5 stars because it's overrated?!? I can agree but how can he explain that minutes after review he ranks something with 0,5 without even knowing what this album is. When I don't like any band I just don't vote for it, it's easy. I understand that every single user is important, but guys like this one should be banned immediately.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 4:50pm
Well, that's up for an admin to decide.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 8:07pm
Downvoting for the sake of downvoting is, of course, unacceptable.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 9:33pm
I believe I mentioned him a little while ago in the collab section.... technically he hasn't broken any rules as far as I know. His opinions and logic may be flawed, but as long as he's not putting the same ratings on more than one account, I don't believe it's ban-worthy material. His ratings are often distasteful, but we should also keep in mind that ratings are worth almost nothing once an honest collab/user review is submitted. I think a collab review is worth 20x, where as a rating is only 1x. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course...
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Downvoting for the sake of downvoting is, of course, unacceptable.

When someone explicitly states that this is what they are doing, then it's an abuse of the system to my mind, and the user should be banned (after reminders, warnings, etc) and all ratings/reviews deleted.

It's one thing to vote something low because you don't like it, which is fair enough, and another to deliberately try to frig the ratings system. Even if the votes don't count for much, the principle sucks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic