MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Stanley Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who will win this years Stanley Cup?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [44.44%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [55.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 6:13pm
I don't remember the riots from Montreal either.

I thought Leaf nation would of rioted by now in protest to the team not making the playoffs since...Wink j/k Stooge.

It will interesting to see who the Oilers take 1st. overall. They need a D. Maybe Adam Larsson from Sweden as he's ranked #1 in the international rankings.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 8:18pm
They are saying it is almost guaranteed to be Nugent
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

They are saying it is almost guaranteed to be Nugent

Great player. Ranked 3rd. by central souting.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 9:58pm
They really need a centerman too; management didn't realize how crucial Stoll and Reasoner's faceoff percentages were until they were gone.

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 19 Jun 2011 at 9:59pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 10:07pm
I lol'd

cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 12:04am

I lol'd

That is funnyLOL

Hank and Daniel have taken alot flak over the years, some of it fair, some of it not. Both are genuine, polite and class guys. They donated a million dollars to one of the hospitals in Vancouver without mentioning anything about it and wasn't until latter the press found out. These guys didn't want to make it all about them as alot of players would of with the media being on location for the announcement. The Sedins didn't because they thought it was for a good cause and didn't want to draw attention to it. I have gained alot of respect for both of them over the years as that wasn't the case early in thier career.

The Oil can always try and pick up a free agent center. No question they miss Stoll. Not only a good center but can play D on the PP. Horcoff was hurt most of the season.

The Canucks are going to have some tough decisions on who they are going to sign this summer.

I place 95% of the blame on Luongo in the finals. Three good games, four brutal games. I've lost complete confidence in the guy. Now, has his teammates as well?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 10:31am
Seeing as this topic deviates from Cup discussions, I figure I'd mention the salary cap is jumping up by around 5 million for next season.  Hope this helps the Leafs in their quest for a top line center, although this boost definitely helps out other big market teams who may have a similar need.

Edited by Stooge - 20 Jun 2011 at 10:33am
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Seeing as this topic deviates from Cup discussions, I figure I'd mention the salary cap is jumping up by around 5 million for next season.  Hope this helps the Leafs in their quest for a top line center, although this boost definitely helps out other big market teams who may have a similar need.

I knew it was going up but not that high. Like you said it's going to help out the big market teams including the Canucks. Bieksa and Eirhoff are both UFAs so with this increase we might be able to keep both. I would take Bieksa over Eirhoff for numerous reasons if I had to chose between them.

Wouldn't Brad Richards look great centering a line with Phil Kessel and with maybe, Colby Armstrong. Richards is a set up man and would be able to feed Kessel. J.S. Giguere is UFA and at 6 million/year who's going to pick him up? There's another wack of dough the Leafs have to work with.

I just got a chnce to take a look at the UFAs for this summer. Pretty impressive list. Here it is:

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by cannon cannon wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I knew it was going up but not that high. Like you said it's going to help out the big market teams including the Canucks. Bieksa and Eirhoff are both UFAs so with this increase we might be able to keep both. I would take Bieksa over Eirhoff for numerous reasons if I had to chose between them.

Wouldn't Brad Richards look great centering a line with Phil Kessel and with maybe, Colby Armstrong. Richards is a set up man and would be able to feed Kessel. J.S. Giguere is UFA and at 6 million/year who's going to pick him up? There's another wack of dough the Leafs have to work with.

I just got a chnce to take a look at the UFAs for this summer. Pretty impressive list. Here it is:

I assume we'll either pursue Richards (I've heard the Rangers want him too) or try to get a center VIA trade with a team with cap issues. Haven't really looked into it.  

Even if we re-sign Giguere for under 2 million, his groin is made of glass.  There are plenty of experienced goalies on that list that could help give Reimer some relief.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:37pm
You can sign Chris Osgood and his groin made of glass and see if he can lead the Leafs to the promised land like that guy almost did for the Lightning.  (his name eludes me at the moment).
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

You can sign Chris Osgood and his groin made of glass and see if he can lead the Leafs to the promised land like that guy almost did for the Lightning.  (his name eludes me at the moment).

Dwayne Rolloson.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm
Thank you.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:10pm
Dwayne Roloson was the Oiler's playoff hero too, until fuckin' Marc-Andre Bergeron hurt him.

The Oil can always try and pick up a free agent center. No question they miss Stoll. Not only a good center but can play D on the PP. Horcoff was hurt most of the season.

Horcoff is also the most overpaid player in the league right now, so they can't even get rid of him Cry

cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:28pm

Dwayne Roloson was the Oiler's playoff hero too, until fuckin' Marc-Andre Bergeron hurt him.

Horcoff is also the most overpaid player in the league right now, so they can't even get rid of him Cry

No question he's over paid. But Scott Gomez of the Monteal Canadiens would be choice. 8 million last year, next year @ 5.5 and the following season @ 4.5.

Chris Drury @ 8 million with one year left @ 5. Horcoff @ 6.5 last year with three more years @  6, 4 and 3.

Craziness!LOL

Stooge: I wouldn't sign Giggy @ 2 mil. Burkie's loyalty IMO has gotten him into difficult situations. A goalie with a bad groin at his age. Not good.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:18pm
It's official: 

The Oilers take Ryan Nugent-Hopkins first overall.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm
They've also traded to re-acquire Ryan Smyth, who was a huge fan favourite in all his years here.  Very nice guy.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:05pm

They've also traded to re-acquire Ryan Smyth, who was a huge fan favourite in all his years here.  Very nice guy.

Right on! I didn't hear that. I see they traded Brule for him. I'm watching the draft right now. I remember when Ryan got traded from the Oil. The guy was just decimated. His blood runs Oil.

The Flyers traded Jeff Carter to Columbus to make cap room for Bryzgalov.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:27pm
That was probably a mistake on the Flyer's part.  Also, I think Brule will be missed too.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:39pm

That was probably a mistake on the Flyer's part.  Also, I think Brule will be missed too.

Brule was a great player for the Vancouver Giants but hasn't developed into the player I and many thought he would.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:26pm
He's a reliable lower-line forward though, and decent on the special teams.  I think his career has definitely been weakened by his injuries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic