Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opeth: 'Heritage' Album Details Revealed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:52am
^I guess that makes sense.Thumbs Up. I�ll lower my defenses a bit thenLOL
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 11:25am
Fan boy or not,

Never have put "boring" in the equation of ANY Opeth album.  But Opeth are "becoming" something else
and is very brave to rid of the "Cookie" vocals (Hey- I'm an Old Progger and Classic Rock fan that LOVES
the rougher vocals as well. I.e. Thrash, Death Metal, Grindcore etc.).

But what I really admire of bands such as this (Comes to mind Rush), that Akerfeldt doesnt care what the
"Fans" may think . . . Bravo Clap.
This is what Dream Theater/Portnoy should feel (Though Portnoy has always been vulnerable because he
is so-close to the fans, dealing with his "sobriety" and that he wears his heart on his sleeve).  I think many
bands should take this stand and create for the sole purpose of art and creation, but at the highest level.
Big smile

Also about the Art (cover),

Did anyone notice that "Per Wiberg's" Head has fallen "out of the tree"? Cry

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

Yep. LOL
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:23pm

Yeah, it makes me think that skulls under the tree belonged to Lindgren, Lopez, Isberg, Nordin, DeFarfalla, Pettersson, Guteklint... LOL 
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 2:18am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Yeah, it makes me think that skulls under the tree belonged to Lindgren, Lopez, Isberg, Nordin, DeFarfalla, Pettersson, Guteklint... LOL 

Man,

We can get REAL "Conceptual" here . . .

"Their" bones seep into the ground, in-turn are the "Roots" of the Tree that make OPETH grow! Clap
. . . now thats deep man Cool.

"...They are the trees
Rotten pulp inside and never well
Roots sucking, thieving from my source
Tired boughs reaching for the light"

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 11:41am

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Man,

We can get REAL "Conceptual" here . . .

"Their" bones seep into the ground, in-turn are the "Roots" of the Tree that make OPETH grow! Clap
. . . now thats deep man Cool.

"...They are the trees
Rotten pulp inside and never well
Roots sucking, thieving from my source
Tired boughs reaching for the light"

Hidden messages hmmmmm Cool

Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:20am
Do need, must acquire, must CHERISH.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:58pm
This gets more interesting by the day.  Apparently, ex-Weather Report drummer Alex Acuna makes an appearance on the album.

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:21am
Well, for those who don't know. A youtuber uploaded Haxprocess. Of course it isn't Haxprocess. It's this track:

So, I want a favor from you. Whoever from here has a youtube account, I want to comment to Haxprocess and write that it's this song. Because nobody has written it until now. Sorskogen was a prog rock project of Akerfeldt and Swano. This is their only song.
Inexistence is the true normality.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:46am
I left a comment, George, but the uploader has it set so comments must be approved.  I guarantee he won't approve my comment, because it reveals that he is a slimy scammer. I'm going to see if I can report the video for copyright infringement or something.

I also sent him a message.

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 06 Jul 2011 at 11:49am
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 12:01pm
Thank you Colin! Post your youtube account to check it.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:44pm
In response to my private message he basically told me I'm an idiot.  He's refused to publish any comment that tells people what the song actually is.  It's disgusting, really, that people can get away with things like that.  If you look at the recent comments for the Sorkogen track we were talking about it; my username is Iscence1.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 7:40am
I saw them Colin. Yes. It's unbelievable to not accept the real song. He's an idiot!
boysmithers View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysmithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:47am
Hello, I'm new here. I can't wait for the new Opeth album either! Seeing the Sonisphere webcast made me love 'em again.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:49am
Welcome Boy Smithers Big smile! and fellow Opeth fan!

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 10:06am
Originally posted by boysmithers boysmithers wrote:

Hello, I'm new here. I can't wait for the new Opeth album either! Seeing the Sonisphere webcast made me love 'em again.

Welcome, it's always good to have more Opeth fans Clap

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysmithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 6:08am
Cheers MAVIIIVAM and The Block. I'm intrigued by the possible jazz implications of these special guests. Hopefully there'll be some crazy polyrhythmic madness. Also, Mikael mentioned Piirpauke - don't know much about them, but one of them played sax on my favourite Amorphis album "Am Universum"...
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysmithers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:35am
This video interview with Mikael was posted yesterday on www.metalunderground.com
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=70087
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:45am
^ Vid is gone or moved Confused

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 11:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic