Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behemoth, Leviathan.....but where is Ziz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behemoth, Leviathan.....but where is Ziz
    Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:08am
where is Ziz in metal Pinch

there are song after song, album titles after album titles, band name after band name, influenced by these two ancient beasts/animals, the ruler of the earth and the ruler of the sea, they are the pure image of nature, of elements of the old, the benevolent., the unreachable, the untamable.

But as well fared they seem to be in old Abrahamic myths and folk lore, they seem to forget that it is a TRIPOD, which all mythologies have. a threefold share of power and destruction and balance after all. balance is one red line in every belief system, balance of power and structure, these bands seem to forget or not aware of this third animal the third ancient beast form a time which is unknown to us, the mighty Ziz, da ruler of the sky, the giant bird. the creator of storms and mists, the negotiator, the traveler, while Behemoth is the embodiment of hunger, of mother earth itself, Leviathan lead a path of destruction and havoc, swallowed ships, flooded cities and he�s moth led straight to hell,

Why is Ziz forgotten in music by these so called metal musicians/nerds? When they at first want to look like they have read a thousand of books (i haven�t neither done so)? i would expect they would also draw from images from Ziz   

Edited by Balthamel - 19 May 2011 at 3:14am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:19am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:29am
to me Ziz is not an emboiment of a griffin but more like an Eagle, but griffins are also awesome in theyr way, but i think ether eagle or a hawk could b a nice image of the Ziz, but also a eagle witha lizard tale.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:32am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:20am
Do Sphinxes count?

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:52am
that is a totaly different beast.. but a nice beast at anyhow, very tricky AND DON'T LOOK IT IN THE EYE,

a Ziz is very rare so rare you can crash into one in the misty oceans, it is so large you wouldent mistake it for a ship or a cliff
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 4:41am
HARDCORE RAAAWK

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 4:49am

Stil ther is a black metal band from Poland called Behemoth, I cinda lik them, even if they are rediculasly broohtal

and there is unknown to me a las anglean metal band called Leviathan

but this si the most famous Leviathan in metal

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:14am
Behemoth started out as black metal, but they sound more like death metal now.

Also:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/leviathan.aspx?ac=leviathan
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:35am
I've never heard of a Ziz at all.  I don't think Jewish mythology has as much exposure in the west as Greek/Roman, Norse, Egyptian etc.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:41pm
It should get more inention becouse it is way epic, maybe I should e-mail Mastodon and beg them to feature a Ziz on ther upcoming album

DO YOU HEAR ME YOU MIGHTY MASTODON, DO YOU READ MY PRAYERS, INCLUDE ZIZ IN YOUR NEW ALBUM IT WILL FIT YOUR AIR ALBUM VERY MUCH.

Edited by Balthamel - 20 May 2011 at 12:42pm
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:35pm
I don't know about you, but maybe Ziz should get a name change. Cause Leviathan and Behemoth sound like incredible beasts of legendary sizes. And if you growl them they just sound like epic monsters.

But Ziz? Eh...
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

I don't know about you, but maybe Ziz should get a name change. Cause Leviathan and Behemoth sound like incredible beasts of legendary sizes. And if you growl them they just sound like epic monsters.

But Ziz? Eh...

as any diety it have many names

I found this froma web page

The ziz has another name, Renanim, because he is the celestial singer. On account of his relation to the heavenly regions he is also called Sekwi, the seer, and, besides, he is called "son of the nest," because his fledgling birds break away from the shell without being hatched by the mother bird; they spring directly from the nest, as it were. Like leviathan, so ziz is a delicacy to be served to the pious at the end of time, to compensate them for the privations which abstaining from the unclean fowls imposed upon them.

Edited by Balthamel - 20 May 2011 at 2:09pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 2:16pm
Celestial singer, that's hardly badass enough for metal.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:04pm
I have to make one myself then, I am capeable to play metal bass, and have some wicked ideas for celestial metal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic