MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Underappreciated Judas Priest Album?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which is underappreciated?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [15.38%]
3 [23.08%]
3 [23.08%]
4 [30.77%]
1 [7.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Underappreciated Judas Priest Album?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 12:15am
Part of a series of polls I am running: based on actual data, for acts with at least a dozen studio albums. Which of the five lowest rated (data from RYM, since they have a greater rating base) do you find underappreciated, if any?

Albums are listed from the lowest rated up (RYM rating in brackets).

For Judas Priest I've going to have to give the shout out to Rocka Rolla. While the band hadn't really found their sound on their debut I find that a special album. Honourable mention to Point of Entry which I think also cops some unfair flak and contains one of my favourite JP songs - Desert Plains. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 1:25am
I really have only about five or six Priest albums I keep returning to and the rest I very rarely listen to. Out of these Point of Entry is the closest to getting any rotation at all.
<- Click on this!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 1:58am
Jugulator

It suffered from the time it was released as much as anything else. It's got some fucking good songs on it.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 3:41am
I’m a fan of both Ripper releases, especially Jugulator. Rocka Rola was a good start with some strong tracks on it, while Point Of Entry is okay. My guilty pleasure as it can be cheesy in places is Nostradamus. That gets my vote.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 7:20am
I like all those albums and heard them all get slated at one time or another. My vote goes to Jugulator though as it's my favourite of the above and even consider it better than other JP albums not on the list like Turbo and Ram It Down. Not that they're bad as Priest always deliver at least a good album.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 7:31am
The only JP album I find kinda bland is Demolition. Jugulator would rank low overall but is solid. Nostradamus is good but for me a bit long-winded. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 7:35am
Point of Entry for me.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 12:49pm
Rocka Rolla, good hard rock
SilentScream213 View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentScream213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 4:47am
Nostradamus has tons of great songs on it. Just suffers from being way too long. But take the best ten songs from that thing, and you'd have a prime cut of fantastic Priest material. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 7:24am
I love both Rocka Rolla and both Jugulator and Demolition. Point of Entry is weak and Nostradamus was a great idea but not executed very well although it's not unlistenable.

Ram It Down is the one i think is most underappreciated. I recently revistied Turbo and still don't like it except for the first three tracks.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:07pm
I`m not a huge Priest fan, but the first two albums rule, so of course it´s Rocka Rolla for me.
toolis View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 7:55am
To me, every Priest album, and I mean EVERY, from debut to Painkiller is perfect 10!!! Of course, there are some that are better than others, but ask any other metal band out there and they would be lucky to have even the "worst" JP album in their discography. Also, I dare you, blast your least fave Priest album (preferably use hifi headset and listen to the remastered edition) and you'll be headbanging from the first to last second!!!!
Sometimes you are the pigeon and sometimes you are the statue...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic