MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The metalcore appreciation thread!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The metalcore appreciation thread!
    Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 7:19am
Metalcore...it doesn't seem to get a lot of love in the metal community compared to other sub-genres. I kind of get it...there was a time I didn't care for it either and even derided it as 'crap'. However, over the past several years I have become increasingly more open minded about other forms of music, nu metal and metalcore included. So what I want to know is, for those who can appreciate it now, what are some of your favorite bands in the sub-genre?

Personally I dig Atreyu, Protest the Hero, Trivium, Walls of Jericho, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, A Feast For Crows, Suasion and Demon Hunter. There's a few other bands currently on my radar to check out though. Also, any recommendations would be quite appreciated. So yeah...SHOW SOME METALCORE LOVE, damn it!Wink
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 12:52pm
All decent bands. While I enjoy modern and melodic metalcore, I more enjoy earlier bands and progressive metalcore. And I do have a very soft spot for mathcore bands. It’s brutal shit and not background material but with a decent pair of headphones it’s music to get lost in. There’s even some decent nintendocore bands out there 😉
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image