MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend me Senmuth albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend me Senmuth albums
    Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:49pm
Hello! Could someone recommend me Senmuth albums? That one-man band have a HUGE discography, and I want to know some opinions before start downloading.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:03pm
I've only listened to one, it's was merely OK so I won't recommend it to you :P

I think it was Pat Hof Neu Rog Ene Sis

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 02 May 2011 at 8:14pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:10pm
http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=22970&listreviews=alpha&showall=true#reviews

Conor Fynes has reviewed EVERY SINGLE ONE here and at ProgArchives! He rated some with 4's - I would check those out first! I'm in the process of checking some more out as well...

Edited by J-Man - 02 May 2011 at 8:12pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:33pm
Wow, Conor Fynes is a warrior!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

That sure is true. The only one I have is Секененра and it's pretty good, and it came out in 2010 so it's one of his recent ones.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

With all due respect, Conor Fynes's Senmuth reviews are pretty mediocre.  One of my colleagues on the metal archives described them as being read like third grade report cards.  
He said "I wouldn't care quite so much if he hadn't insisted on giving such wishy-washy descriptions of the albums, giving them seemingly middle-ground scores (40s and 60s) on his scale, then described albums of much higher ratings (for other artists) with equally bland and unconvincing writing. I don't understand quite what constitutes "good" to him, nor do I think he's spent a reasonable amount of time comparing some of Senmuth's key albums to each other. I mean really, "RXG-242-11" doesn't deviate from his usual formula? What?"

And I agree with him.

That said, here's a listed ranking of all the Senmuth albums I've listened to from best (#1) to worst (#21 or so).  Check out the few in the top 10.
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/therealWilytank/senmuth_releases_best_to_worst_/
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:45pm
Was that whole message really necessary?

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Was that whole message really necessary?

I don't think the post (aside from the link at the end) was necessary at all. Stern Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:10pm
I don't know, I found it a worthwhile read 
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:29am
^For me, the reviews of Conor Fynes are nice and competent. Btw, I ask him for recommendations and I will start downloading Senmuth material soon (will see the list of Wilytank too)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:48am
...let�s not get too personal. If anyone has constructive comments to Conor�s reviews they can be posted as shouts. Unless Conor specifically asks for criticism of his reviews this is not the place to give it. Case closed Stern Smile.
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 5:38pm
I'd recommend Bark of Ra, it's the most consistent and polished of the releases I've heard (about 10). Not metal though, atmospherically heavy perhaps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image