Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merry Christmas 2022!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merry Christmas 2022!
    Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 12:35pm
Right, making the most of this silly time zone and southern latitude I live in. I get to say this first:

Merry Christmas everyone!
Wherever in the world you are, whatever your religious denomination, and whatever you're doing, I hope you can have the best day you can.Beer

It's going to be a bit of a weird one for me...

I haven't mentioned it before now, but I've been living on my own since the end of August. My partner had to leave our home in the country because she's developed a hypersensitivity to something in the environment here. Her elderly parents also need looking after, so she's moved in with them in a small town about 40km away. 

I'm off for lunch in the city with my stepson, his two kids, and girlfriend. I was hoping to see my partner today too, but she's possibly got COVID, so she might not be able to come today, depending on test results. Anyway, Christmas dinner will consist of macaroni cheese and whatever I end up making. Mac and cheese might seem a bit non-traditional, but the grandkids always request it because it's their favourite thing Nanna makes. I'll have to go and collect it if my partner tests positive.

Christmas tea will be at my aunt and uncle's place, in yet a different small rural town. That's usually a big, noisy, very informal affair. It's my annual catch-up with all the cousins and elderly relatives. My aunt is a staunch royalist and will try to make us all sit down and listen to the king's message on TV. We'll probably just make silly jokes about it all as usual.Big smile

So yeah, probably 2-3 hours driving, lots of food, lots of zero alcohol beer, and lots of family. Weather forecast is for 22 degrees Celsius and a possible late shower. Sounds pretty good.Cool

Anyway, seasons greetings and all that to everyone.Beer
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 3:34pm
Merry Christmas all! We were supposed to be going to my parents for dinner but depends how my daughter and I feel tomorrow. I suspect we're both coming down with something and don't want to pass it onto them and everyone else if we are.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 4:47pm
Merry Christmas to everyone. I´ve just come home with my family from my parents, where we had our yearly Christmas dinner. In Denmark presents are also given on the night of the 24th and not on the morning of the 25th.

My parents gave me this one to read, so I´m pretty stoked about that :-):

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 3:52am
Merry Christmas! Only music gift this year was the Brian Johnson autobiography which looks cool. Hope everyone has a brilliant day, free from any seasonal bugs😉
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 4:44am
^The first two weeks of December were hell for me with a nasty cold which evoled to astmathic bronkitis, so that hasn´t been fun. I´m still slowly recovering, coughing up icky goo and blowing my nose, but thankfully it´s in remission.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 4:54am
Merry Christmas to everyone.

I received a framed platinum disc of blink-182's Dude Ranch album. Might not be of great interest here but I think it's cool as fuck 😎

Paul/Jonas, sincerely hoping your symptoms improve soon and Patrick, I hope your partner doesn't test positive.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by BitterJalapeno BitterJalapeno wrote:

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I received a framed platinum disc of blink-182's Dude Ranch album. Might not be of great interest here but I think it's cool as fuck 😎

Paul/Jonas, sincerely hoping your symptoms improve soon and Patrick, I hope your partner doesn't test positive.

That disc sounds cool as fuck to me too!

My partner tested negative about 10 minutes after I posted this. Had a great day with the grandkids playing cricket and had several dogs with us. Also caught up with the extended family later on, including one of my brothers who I don't see very often, and a bunch of cousins and all their kids too. 

Absolutely knackered and sunburnt by the end of the day. A good Christmas all round.Smile
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 3:10pm
Well I wouldn't want to relive this Christmas having spent the whole holiday week being ill. May have been flu or covid, not sure which. Just starting to feel human again now but still not 100% by any stretch.

Got some great new albums for Xmas but haven't had chance to enjoy them as my hearing is fucked from the illness but hopefully start improving soon.

Happy New Year everyone!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Merry Christmas to everyone. I´ve just come home with my family from my parents, where we had our yearly Christmas dinner. In Denmark presents are also given on the night of the 24th and not on the morning of the 25th.

My parents gave me this one to read, so I´m pretty stoked about that :-):

Looks like a great book Jonas. How are you enjoying it?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:46pm
^Just getting started. I seldom have time to read, so it´ll probably take me a couple of years getting through it LOL I´m also reading the Bruce Dickinson bio at the moment. So little time...so much to do and experience :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic