MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road Rash: Jailbreak soundtrack (with interviews)
    Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 10:14am
Hey, gang!

I figure I'd share a blog post/article I put together a few months back that I briefly hinted at here on some old forum post of mine.

If you are like me and into video games, you know how important it is to have a soundtrack that works well with the game to set the right atmosphere. The guys that put the soundtrack together for Road Rash: Jailbreak (a favourite game of mine back in high school) did just that, uniting a bunch of up-and-coming artists to make a playlist that worked with the game perfectly! Much of the contributors were metal of various sorts (nu-metal, industrial, hardcore), many of which can be found on Metal Music Archives, while other ranged from punk to jazz fusion.

A number of the contributing artists graciously contributed to reflect on the songs and states of their respective bands going back 20-plus years ago, and I filled in the rest to learn as much about the bands as possible while also reflecting on each track and my overall experience with the game.

I hope you enjoy!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic