MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing Joke 2003 vs. Pandemonium?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
2 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killing Joke 2003 vs. Pandemonium?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 8:26am
I am most a fan of their recent releases (post-KJ 2003), although I love some songs from the eighties (including Eighties!).
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 10:21am
I've heard most of them.  I still have to check out the last few of their early catalogue and Democracy.

Yesterday after comparing some of the albums, I've found my favorite Killing Joke album to be Extremities.  Reasoning is simple: it's the most Killing Joke album.  It's a raw mix of industrial rock, industrial metal and post-punk with a little room for the electronic of their late-80's career, is dominated by a careful mix of catchy industrial melodies, punk attitude and raw noisy atmosphere.  No one facet rules over the other, but it all represents Killing Joke's history both past and future.  I find the other albums to be at least a little monotone in construction, but still good.

I'd say Killing Joke is my favorite industrial rock/metal band, but that seems a bit weird to say since I'm not into a lot of industrial rock.  I still have a lot of growth to do in industrial music (admits to never hearing a full Rammstein album), but with my appreciation growing and growing, I'm seeing the whole genre in a new light.  Finally getting around to The Fragile thanks to my dedication to explore the genre.  But for what industrial I'm familiar with and its strengths, traits and weaknesses, my favorite Killing Joke album is easily Extremities.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I've heard Pandemonium but not the other one. I must resolve that some time.

The same. I might have listened to the other one at some point in the past, but probably only once, and I don´t remember it. I´ve started writing reviews of Killing Jokes discography a few months ago, so I´ll get there some day. I´ve only finished the review for album one and two so far Tongue.

Pandemonium was the first Killing Joke album I listened to though, so it´s a special album to me, although I never felt it was a perfect release. I´m a big fan of the three 80s synth albums (yeah even...that one) and Extremeties...
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 7:24pm
Killing Joke 2003 is awesome!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:38pm
Both are great albums, but Pandemonium is my favorite from the band (with Night Time a close second). One of my favorite industrial albums too.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:07pm
I've heard Pandemonium but not the other one. I must resolve that some time.
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 3:38pm
I'm going through a re-evaluation of some Killing Joke albums right now.  Now that I've finally gotten around to Extremities, I was wondering which of these two beloved industrial metal albums people prefer?  Currently, I prefer 2003.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic