MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disfiguring the Goddess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disfiguring the Goddess
    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:50am
I'll be checking them, or should I say him out. The only thing that puts me off is drum programming but that's the drummer in me coming out. Quite prolific I see.

Edited by Nightfly - 23 Oct 2021 at 3:52am
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah sometimes you´re lucky finding an underground act that´s really amazing, and yes I sometimes also feel annoyed that others don´t hear the same brillance as I do, or that the artist just don´t seem to have the luck they deserve getting recognition. Thankfully it´s stille great music, wether or not other people enjoy it Tongue.

On topic, I haven´t listened to Disfiguring the Godess yet. There is so much great music out there, that I have a long, long list of things that I have in my notebook to listen to, and it´s seldom I make time to listen to recommendations. It´s just a matter of too much music, not enough time Cry.

DTG's not like most slam bands.  Some people have interpreted that as a turn-off since they didn't expect it.  Heed my warning, young pupil.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:09am
Yeah sometimes you´re lucky finding an underground act that´s really amazing, and yes I sometimes also feel annoyed that others don´t hear the same brillance as I do, or that the artist just don´t seem to have the luck they deserve getting recognition. Thankfully it´s stille great music, wether or not other people enjoy it Tongue.

On topic, I haven´t listened to Disfiguring the Godess yet. There is so much great music out there, that I have a long, long list of things that I have in my notebook to listen to, and it´s seldom I make time to listen to recommendations. It´s just a matter of too much music, not enough time Cry.
LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 1:37pm
I've mentioned before that I've been going on a big slam death binge, and I've been really careful to look for albums and bands that don't go beyond my acceptable levels of lyrical violence.  I admit, this means I've never heard Devourment, the most popular band in the scene and the most important.  However, judging from the ratings and their sole slam style, I can safely assume that they'll just be a slightly better version of the same simple-minded slammy bands that I've found.  I need something inventive and wild.

That's where Dsfiguring the Goddess comes in.  Started listening to them just yesterday and I'm already a huge fan.  The one-man band is actually the electronic producer Big Chocolate, occasionally collaborating with other people from what I can gather.  He mixes some of his dubstepish electronic and deathcore into the brutal death metal sound for something unique.  It took a couple years for him to get his ground, but once he did, he became incredible.

Sleeper is a magnificent second album that's a little neoclassical and creepy thanks to some ambient/electronic production and techniques, but the third album, Deprive, perfected it.  It sounds like something from a freaking Cthulhu movie or something.  Also, there's the more traditional Black Earth Child which was released on the same day as Deprive.  It's more straight-forward, but its rifs and production are phenomenal.  Btw, these are three of the heaviest albums I've ever heard.

Please PLEASE check this guy out if you like slam.  I'm so freakin' annoyed by the fact that his music is incredibly underground.  It's even a pain trying to find the right liner notes and collaborators for his albums...
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image