Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AURAL MUSIC newsletter, April 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AURAL MUSIC newsletter, April 2011
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 1:32am
RAIN official press-release
In deep sadness and regret we announce that Andrea �Mario� Baldi, our drummer and life-long friend, has decided to leave the band. Andrea�s role in the band all these years has been vital in every aspect � musical, professional, personal. Andrea has chosen to try new adventures and face new work challenges, which makes it impossible for him to follow the RAIN as would be necessary, but we can assure you that we will carry on with the same willingness and commitment that have made us grow in the 30 years of our career. All of us, from the management to the crew, wish the best for Andrea from the deep of our hearts and hope he will find the happiness and serenity that he deserves. We will miss him� Here follows the letter he has written for us, his friends and his fans:
�As some of you already know, in April 2011 my twenty-year-old collaboration with the Rain comes to an end. This decision is not due to a falling-off of enthusiasm and passion for the music that I do, but to work choices that will no longer allow me to give the band the time and attention it needs. It will not be easy to do without all the things that have filled my life since 1993 � memorable concerts, endless rehearsals, parties with the Rain crew, the loss of so many hours of sleep, the thousands of kilometers on the road, unforgettable tours, travelling all over Italy, then Europe and at last the USA dream come true. A heartful �thanks� to all those whose precious help has made all that possible; thanks to the many fans, always present and loving. Thanks again to the whole band, and particularly to Gino, Amos, Ise, Edo, Piera and Benny, with all of whom I shared so many intense and amusing moments and also difficult experiences which we always overcame brilliantly.Folks, I�m sure your fighting spirit will bring great results. I wish you good luck for the future of the band. A big hug, hope to see you somewhere , R�n�R!!! � Andrea (Mario) Baldi�
In the meantime, the entry of Emilio �Dave� Simeone , the new drummer, has become official. Eldritch and DeathSS are only two of the groups he has played with and on a few occasions he replaced Andrea in live concerts.  This choice will help the band keep its high professional level and friendly atmosphere. This is the new line-up that will mark the band�s new work. To celebrate its 30th anniversary, RAIN will present old pieces in a renovated form; they will be produced in both cd and vinyl and will be released in October. This is the line-up that will set the audience on fire, starting on April 15 at Bologna �Sottotetto� supporting Rage. So RAIN is on a new deal that brings them, after 30 years, not only to ward off the thought of the end but indeed to say � THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Re-Awakening to Haunt you again

our kult sublabel code666 will soon re-release the long time sold out album �Awaken� from Nordvargr in a new, revamped edition, strictly limited to 500 copies. commented Mr. Nordvargr: � Right now I am finishing the mixing of the re-issue of the �Nordvargr debut album� Awaken. This is a very important album to me, not only because it was the first solorecordings I did under my own namne, but also because I recorded them during very hard personal times. It was recorded during the summer of 2002, and I was recording this music at night instead of sleeping. I recently realised that I did not use a lot of the materials I recorded before I started to actually compose the album. Many weeks were spent doing fieldrecordings, and many hours of DAT tapes were recorded� but never used. So now I have used these old recordings again to create new soundscapes in the same vein as the original album. I have also remastered and re-edited the old masters to sound better than before � I have always disliked the final mix of Awaken, but no more� it is now finally coming together as it was intended. Add some 20+ minutes of new material made from the same sources as the original recordings and you have an album that is sure to disturb your sleep. Again.�

Edited by UMUR - 14 Apr 2011 at 1:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic