MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Tribute Bands and Metal Music Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List of Metal Radios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List of Metal Radios
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:43pm
All over the web, there are radios with free streams. Many of these deal with metal. I'm opening this thread so I can keep a running list of online (and offline) radio stations for metal listeners. 

Here's my list, which I'll keep updated (and be sure to post your own in a reply):

MetalRadio.com (Variety)

BlackMetalRadio (Black Metal)

ChroniX Radio (Variety)

KNAC Radio (Variety)

Dark Horizons Radio (Prog metal/rock)

NetRock101 (Traditional/Glam)

The Killswitch Stream (Extreme variety)

There are obviously many more, so keep posting links in replies!

Edited by andyman1125 - 23 Apr 2011 at 6:41pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:45pm
Good idea.  I'll make this a sticky. Thumbs Up
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:13pm
http://death.fm/
its a mix of black and death 
been listening for a couple years, its quite good 

Edited by SKwid - 11 Apr 2011 at 5:13pm

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 7:27pm
Nice! More music to listen to!!!

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:33pm
Hehe . . .

KNAC, I remember for Southern Californians, that was the Station to listen to for us ever-growing legions
of Headbangers in the 90's.  KNAC Stickers were everywhere in Orange County! (The Station hailed
from Huntington Beach-in which we called "Metal Beach").
But then the "Trash" Rock/Metal and Glamm started to dominate any Thrash or Death Metal coming
out Angry!!!
The Station then closed its doors, and then the "Internet" happened Smile  I havent listened to them
since the Radio days. I used to work and live around its present location in Santa Monica.

My one and only (So far...).
Now this one here is pretty much all that I listen to (and my Collection) because it never bores me-for
its diversity: PrOgulus.com
But warning >>>> Its a Prog "Rock" and Prog Metal Station, so you will hear Bands from the Late 60's
to now.
But this station has a HUGE library of obscure bands that include genres as (In Prog Metal):
Progressive Metal
Dark Wave/Gothic Metal
Power Metal
Tech/Prog Metal
Math Metal
Avant Garde Prog Metal
Post(Prog) Metal
and Solo/Guitar Shredders

Everything from Budgie, to Dream Theater, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Primus, 3, Anubis Gate, Opeth,
Meshuggah, Spiral Architect, OSI, Ark, Symphony X, Kings X, Blind Guardian, Epica, Iron Maiden, Uriah
Heep, Scar Symmetry, Fates Warning, Watchtower, Arcturus, Behold...The Arctopus . . . and TONS more! Smile.

Come visit and make new friends (and watch your wallet, youre sure to discover too much to spend LOL):
http://progulus.com/rprweb/playing.php

Big smile

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 24 Apr 2011 at 2:17am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Deadcenter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadcenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 6:28am
Are there some non internet Metal music radios in this list?
K_a_t_r_i_n View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_a_t_r_i_n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 2:36pm
It’s my salvation when don’t know what to listen.

I also used to listen to some of radio stations from list above. But for a long period of time “metal nation radio” plays an increasingly. Try it. Every time good portion of fresh music and interviews.

http://www.metalnationradio.com/

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:27pm
Every Wednesday night from 10PM to Midnight EST, there is a metal/hard rock radio show called The Academy of Shred on the station WRUR Rochester NY. They play a good mix of all kinds of metal.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Purple Haze View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 10:53pm
Personally i want to really recommend GIMME RADIO.
They play Grindcore, Thrash, Death/Black Metal, NWOBM.
They have amazing DJ's including Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God), Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth), Will Carroll (Death Angel) or Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan).

Enjoy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image