MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bands should always have atleast their name on CDs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bands should always have atleast their name on CDs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal 4 the Main Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bands should always have atleast their name on CDs
    Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 9:28pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 9:38pm
Question
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:25am
eh well I agree but is there a reason for bringing it up the the recommendation part of the forum?
goskoski View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goskoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:42pm
Yes, and the reason is coughspamcough!?!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:09pm
interesting....Confused

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 3:49pm
cool.
most of them do Cool
Also, thanks for blankposting durrrrrr

Edited by SKwid - 04 Apr 2011 at 5:46pm

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 10:18am
His avatar almost kinda says it all.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 10:44am
I moved this to general music discussions.

The subject reminds me of the following:

I thought there was a bit in there where they signed an album, but they told the fan had to hold it to the light to see the signatures. LOL

Naturally I'd like a band name on an album, or at least a unique cover.  These days if a band releases an album without their name on the cover or the spine, it is usually included on a sticker attached to the plastic wrapping on the outside.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:40pm
I think the spine is at least necessary for organization purposes. Beside that, an album design layout is a presentation in itself and the cover should be artistic in the way the group/label/designer envisions.

This one seemed to do ok for itself:

Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

This one seemed to do ok for itself:

Yeah, well I'm not sure that Led Zeppelin IV and Dark Side of the Moon are good examples, neither are exactly struggling for recognition. ;-)

I have to agree that it is annoying when there's no name. It's also annoying when there's nothing on the CD as well. I've mostly gone digital so it's no longer much of an issue, but if I still had a CD jacket it would drive me crazy trying to remember all the different designs of each CD. And it's almost worse when there is a name but it can't be deciphered by anyone without a PhD. 

I've never encountered an album without the name on the spine. 

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 2:31am
My only problem . . .

Is when a almost undecipherable Logo is then put on the spine . . . WHO THE 'ELL ARE THESE GUYS!? LOL

I have no problem with no name of the Band on the cover, its all about Art and Packaging, the more creative
the better ( I cant recall if I've done that yet, but probably not-but I did do Artwork that only appeared on the
CD face).  But I like when the Band name is on the Left-side of the clear Trey and you can see it from the
Jewel Cases Left Cover.
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 9:56am
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

My only problem . . .

Is when a almost undecipherable Logo is then put on the spine . . . WHO THE 'ELL ARE THESE GUYS!? LOL

I have no problem with no name of the Band on the cover, its all about Art and Packaging, the more creative
the better ( I cant recall if I've done that yet, but probably not-but I did do Artwork that only appeared on the
CD face).  But I like when the Band name is on the Left-side of the clear Trey and you can see it from the
Jewel Cases Left Cover.

I agree with the artwork. When I go to my local record store, if something has cool artwork/ cool logo I'm definitely more tempted to pick it up.

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I thought there was a bit in there where they signed an album, but they told the fan had to hold it to the light to see the signatures. LOL

Naturally I'd like a band name on an album, or at least a unique cover.  These days if a band releases an album without their name on the cover or the spine, it is usually included on a sticker attached to the plastic wrapping on the outside.

LOL
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

LOL

Now tilt it towards your nose... no, not away, towards  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic