MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting long hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting long hair
    Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 11:32am
So, i've been seriously considering cutting my hairs... I like them, but taking care of them takes me too much time plus I'm getting bored of them.
Has anyone on here ever made such a drastic change? Did you regret it? Share some experiences please... :D
PS: I've been having long hairs for 5-6 years...
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 11:46am
I did it last year in July after having long hair for around 5-6 years like you.  I don't regret it for a second.

Showers are a lot quicker since I'm not pulling knots out of my hair.  I got used to having long hair since I never had to worry about "styling" it before going out.  I know it's more socially acceptable for a man to have shorter hair, but that's not why I did it.  I wanted a change, and the haircut got me one.

I had just come back from university before I cut my hair, and now I wish I had it shorter back then so I'd look better to the ladies on campus. LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 12:58pm
Anything for the ladiesBig smile.

I had long hair for 10 years, but inherited baldness made me look like a joke, so off it went. Honestly I miss my long hair, but mostly when I�m bangin� at shows.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 12:59pm
ive actually considered it, with my hair down to about my Nips, 
but im worried im going to miss it, and it too more than a year and a half to grow this long 
Ermm

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

. Honestly I miss my long hair, but mostly when I�m bangin� at shows.

thats why i havent yet. 
still love being able to windmill 
and my younger brother still has hair as long as mine Cool

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

ive actually considered it, with my hair down to about my Nips, 
but im worried im going to miss it, and it too more than a year and a half to grow this long 
Ermm

I thought I was going to miss it too, but so far I do not.  I'll look back fondly at my long hair when I'm 40 I'm sure. LOL
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:50pm
I always hate getting hair cut, which is funny because it's a nightmare.

I don't have "long" hair. It's big. when it grows it gets curly and crazy and everywhere.
When it gets unruly I stop messing with it. When I come out of the shower I do what I can then leave it.
Besides, long hair is so metal.....wild and unkempt is so much more post-metal Cool

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Anything for the ladiesBig smile.

I had long hair for 10 years, but inherited baldness made me look like a joke, so off it went. Honestly I miss my long hair, but mostly when I�m bangin� at shows.

Didn't wanna go skullet like Devin? LOL
I actually have been cutting my hair more often now, since I am trying to do the whole work thing. Cry

Also, I've always prided myself on being alternative, or post as I'd call it now.
I love being with my younger brother and his metalhead friends. All black, long hair, death metal shirts, ripped clothing, beards, the denim jackets with patches all over.

Then there's me in my regular jeans, plain shirt, clean shaven fave and 60's style curly psych rock hair. Rocking out with them.
I love it. Big smile

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 25 Mar 2011 at 4:53pm
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:56pm
The best that I was ever able to do when I grew my hair "long" was the Tom Petty look, and it never really worked for me very well.  Now that I am 40, I do look back fondly on those days, but I definitely prefer my hair shorter.  It always feels so good to get a haircut after I have gone 2 months or so without one.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:37pm
I never realy hade long hair, i tryed some times to grow it a litle longer, but it dident work out, i yust dont think i whuld fit in it, so i keep it short. And then again i never understod why you need long hair to be a hard rocker, but i listen to so much difretn music so im no true hard rocker i gues. And i always prefered to look normal, and long hair whuld probobly yust get in the way but you never know 1 day maybe i get some wierd idea and start growing it, its not to late when you still got hair on your head, and i got pretty good growth, and im very happy for that, the horror of starting to get bald! Shocked
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 11:59pm
I had long hair for several years, cut it last April.  It really was a lot nicer to have short hair, and most women definitely prefer it, but I did/do miss it quite a lot.

I grew a new friend on my upper lip to help with the loss
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 1:28am
Long hair only looks good on men if you are David Bowie. 

Most people don't realize this, but Labyrinth was actually a documentary of David Bowie's daily life at the time.

So you should cut your hair. I've never had very long hair, but it gets annoying to deal with when it's been a long time since I got a haircut, I can't imagine how annoying it would be if it was shoulder/chest length. 

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 4:47am
A week ago or so I grabbed my ponytail and cut it off almost all the way. Now I've got this kind of kurtcobainish length. I had a long hair in 2005 as well when I had to cut it for military service, that hurt back then but now after growing it back I was getting increasingly bored with the long whip. I hardly ever unleashed it even at metal gigs. Still, I'm not ready to have a short short hair, it would need constant recutting. I'm cutting it when the baldness becomes too much to handle.
<- Click on this!
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 11:28pm
Im probobly going to cut my hair soon, need a good summer job. 
and i need some tail Tongue

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 11:43pm
Never had long hair. I've had a buzz cut for a looong time.

As a result, I haven't combed my hair in years. Cool
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:59am
Interesting replys. As for me, i still have no idea if i should cut my hair or not. Damn. :D
I would love to have short hair, but I'm afraid i'm going to miss long hair...
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:42pm
Cut it once, since I had to join the army (compulsory service in Greece). It was a traumatic experience.
I've grown it back since then and hopefully I won't have to cut it again. Thankfully, my wife prefers long hair.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 12:52pm
I'll never cut it!!!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 2:16pm
" I won�t cut my Hair" .

Edited by UMUR - 30 Mar 2011 at 2:16pm
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 4:22pm
But they cut their hair anyway, them posers (except Jesper, I guess) ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic