MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Veilburner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Veilburner
    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:47am
Good day all,

I have come across a band called Veilburner who seem to span black metal, death metal with a progressive twist so not entirely sure what to allocate as a primary genre.

RYM has all albums (bar the debut) with black metal and progressive metal as primary tags and death metal as a secodary tag where the debut has progressive metal and death metal as primary tags with black metal as a secondary.  EM has them listed as black/death metal with no mention of prog.

After a quick scan through, I would say it's mainly proggy black metal but don't want to commit to anything without consulting the prog, black & death teams first.  Any input would be appreciated and more than happy to take care of the add once there is a consensus.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/veilburner

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Veilburner/3540385778

Cheers,

Mark
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:54am
My best guess based on the votes would be mostly Black Metal but Death Metal for the debut. We usually use the base sub-genre for progressive bands, unless we feel it's been transcended into fully fledged extreme prog metal. Without hearing their body of work I couldn't guess if that's the case, but the RYM votes seem quite balanced. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic