MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Veilburner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Veilburner
    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:54am
My best guess based on the votes would be mostly Black Metal but Death Metal for the debut. We usually use the base sub-genre for progressive bands, unless we feel it's been transcended into fully fledged extreme prog metal. Without hearing their body of work I couldn't guess if that's the case, but the RYM votes seem quite balanced. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:47am
Good day all,

I have come across a band called Veilburner who seem to span black metal, death metal with a progressive twist so not entirely sure what to allocate as a primary genre.

RYM has all albums (bar the debut) with black metal and progressive metal as primary tags and death metal as a secodary tag where the debut has progressive metal and death metal as primary tags with black metal as a secondary.  EM has them listed as black/death metal with no mention of prog.

After a quick scan through, I would say it's mainly proggy black metal but don't want to commit to anything without consulting the prog, black & death teams first.  Any input would be appreciated and more than happy to take care of the add once there is a consensus.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/veilburner

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Veilburner/3540385778

Cheers,

Mark
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic