MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - That nostalgic mood that gets you to revisit album
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That nostalgic mood that gets you to revisit album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That nostalgic mood that gets you to revisit album
    Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:31am
The fall and winter air makes me think of many of the albums that I first discovered when I joined music websites years ago.  They're mostly metal and prog rock.  Ironically, prog metal usually doesn't fall into that category, but this is what makes me love chilly morning air.  I alwaya go for those classic at fall and winter.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 3:53pm
I generally get into a classic 70s prog mood on the Autumn months for some reason. I recently discovered a Norwegian progressive rock band called Wobbler. Their 2017 album "From Silence to Somewhere" is outstanding. Easily holds it own against the 70s greats. I get what you mean about categorising prog metal differently. As much as I love prog, there's a ton of prog metal that I don't really enjoy. For me, prog generally has sound akin to the 70s stuff or be ludicrously heavy (e.g. Gorguts). Non-extreme prog metal lies in some weird form of Purgatory within my brain...
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:37am
The seasons donĀ“t really affect what I listen to. I can listen to happy music on a cold and rainy day, as well as listen to dark depressive music on a hot sommer day. Whenever I listen to music I disappear into another world completely, and my surrondings become unimportant.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic