Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you have a favourite movie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a favourite movie?
    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 11:45am
If so, what is it and why?

For a long time I've felt that unlike with albums, where I do have a clear favourite, that I didn't have a singular favourite film of all time, but I've recently had something of an epiphany on this matter:

My favourite movie is Pulp Fiction.

For the reason that watching it I sit there grinning from ear to ear like a lunatic in a way that no other film makes me do. And I also don't know anything other film, even among Tarantino's own work, that feels quite like Pulp Fiction. 

It's an especially surprising revelation to me to realise this since I've long been of the minority opinion that Tarantino's best film is actually The Hateful Eight. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 1:12pm
I'm not a major film buff but I would go with Goodfellas.

Great acting across the board and the plot doesn't get tiresome like some other well known gangster/mafia films.

Also, the soundtrack is incredible and superbly executed. I love how all the music throughout is accurate to the time setting of the story at every point, spanning from the 50s to the 80s.

I have never grown tired of it no matter how many times I've seen it.

Edited by BitterJalapeno - 16 Aug 2021 at 1:16pm
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 1:23pm
Goodfellas would be up there for me as well. Amazing film. Somehow I've only ever seen it twice. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 1:54pm
It used to be this:

Now I'd probably say this:

It's gotta be a comedy, because life is too damn serious otherwise.

BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
Excellent choices. Dumb & Dumber was the first DVD I bought after the VHS player packed in back in the day.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 3:11pm
I would find it too difficult to narrow it down to one but Pulp Fiction would be high on my list. Also The Godfather and Godfather Part II and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly would be contenders.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 8:46pm
It's hard to pick just one but I would say either Labyrinth or Aliens. I watched Labyrinth ALL THE TIME as a kid and it never gets old! I don't much get tired of Aliens either.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 12:52am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 1:12am
My most watched movie is The Big Lebowski

my 10* rated movies are:
The Thing
The Shining
The Exorcist
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Stalker
2001: A Space Odyssey
Suspiria
Aguirre, the Wrath of God
A Fistful of Dollars
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 1:40am
Some great movies being mentioned here that would also make my shortlist for a top 100 including The Big Lebowski, The Thing, and The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Personally I favour Alien over Aliens. I've never seen anything Monty Python in full though. 
GG2U

Iwan Ruby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwan Ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 11:59am
If I did this list would be a long list! Sci-fi movies is my favorite genre.. and these are some of the ones i like the most; District 9, The Abyss, Donnie Darko, Stalker,  A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Avatar, Moon, Aliens, Back to The Future, Snowpiercer!
ORIDISTRO Your Criminal Partners
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic