MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Them Witches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Them Witches
    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 7:28am
Stoner rock/psychedelia rock from Tennessee: http://www.allthemwitches.org/
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 12:08pm
Sorry for the wait, I had missed this one. 

Their RYM tagging is a bit all over the place and not every album has MMA acceptable tags for primary genres, so I'm going to have to listen to them in depth before making a decision on them. Per our rules they only need one acceptable album to be included, but the one does need to be around 60% or more acceptable material and overall not be considered out of place. 

Bear with me on them. It might take a little while to decide either way, but I am on it. 
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 5:41pm
Will do!Smile
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm
Okay, I've been the last couple of weeks working my way through the studio albums of All Them Witches, and I have some reservations about including them:

The debut album is the most solidly acceptable album in their discography as Stoner Rock, while the most recently released Nothing as the Ideal also represents a good case. Based on those two, I'd be prepared to accept them. However a few others are borderline okay but probably wouldn't secure them a place on MMA on their own. Two albums, Dying Surfer Meets His Maker & ATW, are definitely going nowhere except Non-Metal. Most likely the albums that are borderline would go here as well, since Hard Rock subs need around 60% each, which these don't. 

My chief concern with them, is that they have at least 20 live albums (all of which would have to be subsequently researched) plus other minor releases, which is a lot of work to put a band on MMA that I don't see as essential from the metal perspective. Their sound is across the board ranging from blues rock to stoner rock. I would not call them out of place on MMA either since there is heavier material spread across their entire discography, which is an important enough distinction that makes me hesitant to outright reject them. 

My verdict is that yes, they can be added for the acceptable releases, but at this stage they are not a priority band. 

Edited by 666sharon666 - 22 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic