MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Swedish heavy/speed/power metal band?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Whom of the following is your most favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [30.77%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
3 [23.08%]
1 [7.69%]
3 [23.08%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Swedish heavy/speed/power metal band?
    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
Thought I'd start up a thread similar to the "Favorite German heavy/speed/power metal band?", only this time it's the Swedes turn! When it comes to quality (Euro) power metal I often considered Sweden not too far behind Germany. SO vote away! Personally, I find this one a bit more challenging as I find many of the bands here on more equal footing. I'll vote in a bit.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:35pm
I only know four of ‘em 😳 I’ll have to reflect before voting.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:47pm
While there's a lot of bands I don't know up there, Falconer is a big favourite of mine and it would take some doing to surpass them. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:04pm
Morgana Lefay
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:42pm
HammerFall. Most of those don't really spin my wheels.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Had to go w/ Morgana Lefay myself. They just have such a unique and dark take on the genre that it's awesome.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 3:51pm
HammerFall for me.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:24am
Falconer and Nocturnal Rites. Voted for Falconer.
Iwan Ruby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwan Ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 11:44am
HammerFall, one of the reasons is because they are one of the first overseas power metal bands that I listened to! Glory to the Brave album that moment really fascinated me!
ORIDISTRO Your Criminal Partners
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 1:49pm
I don´t know them all, but I know that I like Falconer, so they get my vote.
Dan Ov Gell View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Ov Gell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 2:30am
Hello mighty metalians!
What a great poll, but the winner can only be Bollnäs' finest staff, yeap of course the brilliant Morgana Lefay/Lefay...no doubt.
In Solitude as close second and Wolf or Nocturnal Rites on the third place. Btw, Candlemass are also an option...(if you'd agree, that their classification as a Doom combo is a bit irritating/incorrect - but it's not my intention to play mr. knowsitbetter or start teaching...just hope, you don't misunderstand that and know what i actually tried to say...anyways, but Hammerfall is definitely not really qualified to win this competition, because their discography, except the fanta. debut/maybe the pretty good follow-up; "Legacy Of Kings" too, are Swedish benchmarks but the rest is average/no metal at all/garbage or useless crap, esp. in comparison to the magical ML - they had at least 4/5 totally unique, outstanding milestones in their totally underappreciated career, guess criminally underrated is in this particular case the only relevant classification, at least imo of course.
Please let my take/use the opportunity (as a new member) to thank you all and especially "Nightfly" for accepting me here among you/to let me enter...as well as his very kind words (it was an honor to read that -be blessed & hailed metal-bro! \mmm/
Unfortunately i cannot remember/find the place where i should do the intro-ceremony (hope you can forgive me and my lousy English; which is absolutely unskilled, but maybe it is possible to follow my thoughts and to understand what i try to explain, even if it is not perfectly written or structured..btw, feel free to ask or to correct me, if a certain faux pas happened and the mistake/error/fault cannot be ignored because it lead to nonsense or the worst case scenario became reality and smb. feels/felt attacked and so on, what i'd never do, for damn eure, dudes and metal Bros, just btw. Ok and let me come to the end for now, finally..lol.
Thank you very much for your attention and sharing and spending a few moments/minutes of your precious time with my first comment here...all hail to the whole metalmusicarchives-community by Dan (Dany is my real name) Ov Hell (Hellwig my family name) from Essen/West-Germany. \mm/
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 6:21am
^ Good to have your input and hope you enjoy MMA!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 6:13pm
I'll vote Lost Horizon because they don't get enough love around here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic