Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

History of Finnish Death Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Finnish Death Metal
    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 12:01pm
I just purchased the European version of this book through the Nuclear Blast website:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/u-s-edition-of-history-of-finnish-death-metal-book-due-in-april/

I´m looking forward to reading it.

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:42pm
Cool. I can't say i recognize most of those bands!

Amorphis and Demilich are my faves though.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:20am
I know some, but the whole idea is to learn about more Smile
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:01am
That's a book I'd be interested in reading. Nuclear Blast always seem expensive to me, in the UK at least. I'll have a shop around nearer the time of release.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

That's a book I'd be interested in reading. Nuclear Blast always seem expensive to me, in the UK at least. I'll have a shop around nearer the time of release.

I don´t think €25 is much for a book. Unfortunately tax and shipping made the book cost me a total of €40. Still not a fortune IMO.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm
That's a decent list of bands there. Some of them have moved a long way from their roots, like Amorphis and Xysma, and Rotten Sound are big name in grind now.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I don´t think €25 is much for a book. Unfortunately tax and shipping made the book cost me a total of €40. Still not a fortune IMO.

That's not bad then. Like you say shipping bumps it up. Found it on Amazon for £28 (about 32 Euro) so more expensive though probably free shipping.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 12:35pm
Well it took a couple of months for the book to get here, but Nuclear Blast were very informative when I contacted them asking if the book had been send. There was a delay which was explained but now I finally have it. I haven´t had time to read it yet though. It´ll probably be vacation time entertainment.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:49am
I´m slowly working my way through this book, and I´m near the end, and have learned a lot about the Finnish death metal scene, and have found loads of new artists to check out. I can highly recommend the book if you´re interested in underground death metal:

A lot of the band stories which are told by the band members themselves (or at least how they remember it), is relatable to my own youth playing in the death metal band in the early- mid nineties, so while this is first and foremost an informative read, it´s also quite a nostalgic experience for me.

Edited by UMUR - 05 Jun 2022 at 12:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic