Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:13am
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and that 2021 is better than 2020. Couldn't be any worse...could it?

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:09am
Thanks Paul. Here’s hoping we all have a great Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:43am
Merry christmas to you all you fine people.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:50am
Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is able to have a good one despite everything going on. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 1:51pm
Merry Christmas!

This year I have truly appreciated how lucky I am to live where I do. Things like shit internet really are first world problems when I see what people are having to put up with this Christmas. Here's some Kiwi humour for you, from the late Billy T. James, the greatest comedian New Zealand ever produced.

If you're wondering, Hauraki is the name of a radio station, and a Mark III is a Mark III Zephyr.
Ford Mark 3 Zephyr 1964 | Ford zephyr, Zephyr, Ford
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:02pm
Merry Christmas!
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:12pm
Merry Christmas to ALL!

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:14pm
And don't forget about this Christmas classic hehehe

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 1:12am
Merry Christmas to all. Here are a couple of Christmas metal classics to enjoy Clap

Edited by UMUR - 25 Dec 2020 at 1:18am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 1:39am
Let's not forget that even the late, great Christopher Lee metal'ed up some Christmas classics.

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 1:51am
^LOL Thumbs Up
Modrigue View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 2:44am
Merry Christmas everybody! Beer
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:33am
Merry Christmas! Tongue
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 12:19pm
Merry Christmas all. Hope it's a good one, all things considered. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 1:49pm
We actually had a great Christmas evening with my close family. Cusins, aunts and uncles didn´t attend this year, so it was just our household, by brothers household, my parents and my mother-in-law.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
Sister got me a comforter set, 2 long sleeve shirts and this:
Anyone else get anything?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 3:08pm
We had a great Christmas! The best thing about a southern hemisphere Christmas is that it's the middle of summer here, and you can do stuff outside. Went to my stepson's place for a barbecue lunch which was for five of us (and the dog), and then went to my Mum and Dad's for tea, which was just massive! Must have been 50-odd people by the time all the rellies, rejigged and re-blended families, teenage boyfriends and various hangers on all congregated. Kicked around rugby balls, threw tennis balls for the dog until he was exhausted, ate more barbecue food until stuffed full, and drank enough beer to fall asleep quite comfortably last night.

My better half was still working up until Christmas eve, and I wasn't, so I did all the Christmas shopping, including my own. So that means I got:
MACABRE (IL) - Carnival Of Killers cover
 And while at the record store, I also bought her:
The Priests The Priests CD - CDWorld.ie
which made for something of an odd combo...
Also got the Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling in disguise) book, The Witcher III game, a couple of other books, beer, cheese, and chocolate. Christmases don't get much better.Cool
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 1:02am
I'd say mine was mixed for a number of reasons not all related to to Covid.

This was the first year without either of my grandmothers with us. They passed away in January 2020 just ten days apart. Things hadn't been good with my Dad's mother for a while due to dementia but up to a couple of years ago it was basically tradition to see her on Christmas Eve then see my Mum's mother (and my Aunt who she lived with) on Christmas Day. This year we couldn't even see my Aunt on top of missing those we've lost in the last year. I always thought that this year my Aunt would come to us since before we always had to go up to her because my Grandmother couldn't travel comfortably in the car for long any more. Of course Covid went and saw to that.

The actual Christmas dinner was very good and we played the usual silly games you do at Christmas. Like Monopoly. Which I lost, badly, by almost never being able to keep my £200 for passing Go either due to immediately landing on Income Tax or my Dad's Station (who managed to claim all four). 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 5:25am
I´m beginning to set up for the traditional second day after Christmas lunch for my own family and my mother-in-law. Putting wood in the fireplace, cooking what needs to be cooked, and cleaning the house a bit. It won´t be until late afternoon that we eat, because my wife has been on work almost all christmas (today included), as she works on a home for the elderly, and most of her colleages have gotten Covid, because of the spread on the home of the elderly, so she has had to do a lot of shifts in the last week. We are in good mood though, and crazy as it sounds she has up until now not been infected with the virus (and she is tested frequently).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 5:57am
Some traditional Danish foods I´m going to serve today are:

The Leverpostej. Now this is a food type which is exclusive to Denmark. Swedes do it it on occasion as far as I´m told, but it´s a Danish food. It´s smeared on rough Rugbrød (Rye Bread) and while it looks pretty nasty, it tastes delicious Thumbs Up
Hjemmelavet leverpostej, gammeldags fra Alletiders Kogebog blandt mere end  6.000 opskrifter med billeder. | Opskrift | Opskrifter, Glutenfri frokost,  Mad ideer

Egg and shrimps with mayonese:
Smørrebrød med æg og rejer – Den perfekte mad til frokost
Frikadeller (meat balls of Swine):
Frikadeller - opskrift - Alletiders Kogebog

Fiskefilet (Fish Fillet) with Remolade (another Danish specialty):
Fiskefilet med remoulade - opskrift - Alletiders Kogebog
Remoulade - sådan laver du hjemmelavet remoulade - Madens Verden
Kyllinge salat (Chicken satat made with mayonese and asparges):
Let og cremet kyllingesalat med estragon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic