MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post an album only you have rated on MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post an album only you have rated on MMA
    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:18pm
Sometimes there's an awesome album that you feel more people should know about, yet for some reason you're the only one who has rated it on MMA. I decided to make this thread so they could get some exposure. Just post the cover and a brief description of what sort of music it is, one album per post and try to let a few other people post in between your posts. Also, don't do the obvious and pick a new release. Something that's a few years old at least. 

So to start with it is of course the album that inspired the creation of this topic:

Saturndust is a Brazilian band that plays doom/sludge metal infused with space rock. 

Edited by adg211288 - 30 Sep 2020 at 3:19pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:36pm
^ aye it's on my list of albums to play.

So how long do we give between postings?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
A few albums will be fine.
GG2U

BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:47pm
Gloomy, bleak and relentless.  A fairly recent release (2014) from one of the originators of industrial metal

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/godflesh/a-world-lit-only-by-fire

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:48pm
Wasn't sure I was going to have any but found one:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/thy-worshiper/klechdy

Pagan Black/Folk Metal from Poland. Double album.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:55pm

One of my all time favorite albums. A nu metal album with a blend of funk metal, rap metal, hip hop rhythms, abstract lyrics, deadpan rapping, and some 70's metal style solos.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:55pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/ken-mode(united-states)/loved

Noise rock / sludge metal from Canada (not the US as the url suggests).

Edited by Bosh66 - 30 Sep 2020 at 3:57pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:50pm
Since I have been spending many hours updating this band's discography...

And as you can see we need a better picture.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:54pm

What about now?

Edited by Vim Fuego - 30 Sep 2020 at 4:58pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:10am
I can higly recommend this Australian prog Black metal release. It´s reather unconventional and very intriguing:
MISERYS OMEN - Hope Dies cover

My review is below:

Hope Dies is the debut full-length studio album by Australian black metal act Misery´s Omen. The album was released in February 2008 by Worship Him Records.

The basis in the music on this album is black metal, but calling this a regular black metal album would be anything but fair. There are both doomy sections, progressive/ experimental sections, mellow folk sections, beautiful acoustic sections and even a track that sounds like Sigh has been invived into the studio. I´m of course thinking of the handclap section in Fiendish Ghoul. I can´t help thinking about Sigh every time I hear that track. The heavy doomy parts of the album remind me of Dance of December Souls (1993) by Katatonia. The opening title track is probably the best example of that part of Misery´s Omen´s sound but also a track like A Cobbled Path. The album is generally very melodic and some parts make me think of Dissection. But then a track like the chaotic and at times even technical And the Stars Bled really confuse me. This is truly an eclectic metal album. This might be a problem for some people but even though the album is very eclectic in nature it´s thankfully also very consistent, which means that even though the songs vary in style you´re never in doubt that it´s the same band that wrote the songs. I find the adventurous approach to songwriting a real treat.

The band is a three-piece but guitarist/ vocalist Arganoth Doom often plays harmonies. The musicianship is excellent on the album and I´d like to give a special mention to bassist D.E.M.O.N.. His playing on Hope Dies is varied, melodic and quite adventurous. It´s seldom you´ll hear bass being such a vital part of a black metal band´s sound.

The production is powerful and raw ( not lo-fi) but especially the bass gives the sound a lot of warmth and earthy atmosphere. All in all the album is very well produced.

Hope Dies has been a very positive surprise for me and I can highly recommend the album to fans of progressive and adventurous black metal with a doomy edge. A 4 star rating is fully deserved.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:03am
both Misthyrning albums (black metal from Iceland) - the debut is raw and wild, the sophomore gets a little "black n roll"

most Old Man Gloom albums (sludge metal) - Aaron Turner's (ISIS frontman) heaviest band.  Start with Christmas or NO.

Dead Meadow - Feathers (stoner rock) - very retro

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 01 Oct 2020 at 11:18am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:41am
^Been meaning to check out more Old Man Gloom.

Fantastic thrash album from the underrated as a whole Japan thrash scene. Raw and biting, but with fantastic songwriting and no shortage of hooks.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:51am
Not heard Jurassic Jade but Old Man Gloom is very good.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 1:06am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Sometimes there's an awesome album that you feel more people should know about, yet for some reason you're the only one who has rated it on MMA. I decided to make this thread so they could get some exposure. Just post the cover and a brief description of what sort of music it is, one album per post and try to let a few other people post in between your posts. Also, don't do the obvious and pick a new release. Something that's a few years old at least. 

So to start with it is of course the album that inspired the creation of this topic:

Saturndust is a Brazilian band that plays doom/sludge metal infused with space rock. 

Checked this out last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 1:10am

I would recommend everyone to check out the monstrous first EP by UK sludge/death band Conjurer.  It will only take 23 minutes of you valuable time Wink

I hope you enjoy

Edited by BitterJalapeno - 02 Oct 2020 at 1:13am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/dynfari/sem-skugginn

I haven't listened to this in so long to say anything really specific about it now, but I have an old review which may be used for reference. They are an Icelandic atmospheric black metal act. I was still writing for my old site Heavy Metal Haven back when I reviewed this and just to show how small the world is one of my moderators used to be in a band with the two guys in Dynfari. I remain the only rating for this on MMA. I should revisit it myself. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 4:24pm

An unfortunately often forgotten industrial metal classic from the 90's. A straight-to-the-point industrial thrash banger of an album.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

An unfortunately often forgotten industrial metal classic from the 90's. A straight-to-the-point industrial thrash banger of an album.

On this now - excellent sounds!
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:33am
^Nice, glad to hear! Thumbs Up
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:40pm
Nice idea for a thread this, I'll have a think and post something tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic