Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Rating/Review Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MMA Rating/Review Drive
    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:24am
I'm trying to encourage people to rate more albums on MMA to improve the sites charts. Reviews are even better but total ratings is an area we really need to improve on - this has fallen off a lot over the years and we get to get them on an upward curve again. We need more people than the current MMA regulars rating stuff.

To that end, please share this post if you have Facebook. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:01pm
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:37pm
I convinced a good metalhead friend to sign up after I discovered the site - username Catamaran. I will nip his ear to get rating/reviewing.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm
Good lad, keep ‘em coming 😉
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:01pm
I would drag my friends here to rate stuff, if they didn't look at me blankly and think me weird for liking metal.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
I think I must be friends with your mates' parents as apart from my youngest kid, most folk I know give me the same reaction LOL
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

I would drag my friends here to rate stuff, if they didn't look at me blankly and think me weird for liking metal.

What kinds of music do your friends like? Depending on what they're into, there's probably some metal out there with elements of it that they could give a try.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

I think I must be friends with your mates' parents as apart from my youngest kid, most folk I know give me the same reaction LOL

At least it's still more socially acceptable to like metal if you're a guy. Imagine being the only girl around who likes it.

Love my friends but they're all walking cliches when it comes to music.

Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 30 Sep 2020 at 4:16pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

What kinds of music do your friends like? Depending on what they're into, there's probably some metal out there with elements of it that they could give a try.

Trust me, if its not on the singles charts they won't want to know. Genre is irrelevent to them. Trends are. And as soon as those change they'll be onto the next thing. We're not talking about people who buy albums here.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:25pm
Ah, okay. I love finding music to get someone into a kind of music I like and vice-versa, but yeah not much point in trying that if it's purely all pop radio stuff.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:10pm
I've started rating some more non-album releases, that's probably something the usual raters can do to improve the charts for other releases at least.
esha9751 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha9751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:21pm
I wonder why I'm not allowed to rate albums?? Contacted"support" - no response... I can only interact with the forums...
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:29pm
Thanks for raising it. I have no idea but someone will. Leave it with us, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Silly question esha9751, but have you tried logging in to the main site? It's in the top left of the screen.

Edited by Bosh66 - 14 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
esha9751 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha9751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 5:40pm
It just tells me my password is invalid  - and I can go through the process of forgotten password but that doesn't help.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:56am
We've had people with this same problem before.

Unfortunately we don't know why it happens. But I can confirm that from past testing with other users cooperation has nearly always shown that the problem is on their end. 

With your permission I shall change password from here and then log into your account from my PC to make sure it works - please PM me to arrange this. You can alternately PM me the password you are currently using and I can test that without changing it, so I can see if it works for me or not. 

Obviously, do not write your password on the public forums. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
esha9751 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha9751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Thanks again, Adam, for helping me out. That added another 22 ratings to the pool...

Edited by esha9751 - 23 Dec 2021 at 9:05am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by esha9751 esha9751 wrote:

Thanks again, Adam, for helping me out. That added another another 22 ratings to the pool...

Clap
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 9:57am
Hell yeah Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic