Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now -- what are you listening to? V3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 264>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:49am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Fever_(soundtrack)

Yeah I just watched a documentary about the Bee Gees, and I was fascinated by their talent and unique singing style and harmonies. It´s cheesy as fuck, but damn it´s well composed music.

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 9:26am
The Prime games had some excellent soundtracks:
Psybient goodness!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 5:31am
Pakeni is the band who proves that death´n´roll can be more than generic Entombed worship:
PAKENI - Detergent Bubble Bath cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/pakeni/detergent-bubble-bath(ep)

My G.....this is kickass music. Really unique and challening death´n´roll.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm
Some Canadian content.

The Tea Party - Transmission

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
Chevelle - Sci-Fi Crimes

Inspired by a blog post I'm working on this year since they contributed to one of my most enjoyed video game soundtracks ever in Road Rash: Jailbreak!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Chevelle - Sci-Fi Crimes

Inspired by a blog post I'm working on this year since they contributed to one of my most enjoyed video game soundtracks ever in Road Rash: Jailbreak!

Oh hell yeah, two of my favorite things, Chevelle and Road Rash! I've been meaning to check out more from the artists I'm not familiar with off that soundtrack, but haven't gotten around to it.

Discovered that same Tea Party album you posted through Road Rash 3D. Love that Chevelle album, though my favorite by them is The North Corridor, that album is still my favorite metal album from last decade.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Chevelle - Sci-Fi Crimes

Oh hell yeah, two of my favorite things, Chevelle and Road Rash! I've been meaning to check out more from the artists I'm not familiar with off that soundtrack, but haven't gotten around to it.

Discovered that same Tea Party album you posted through Road Rash 3D. Love that Chevelle album, though my favorite by them is The North Corridor, that album is still my favorite metal album from last decade.

Glad to see another Road Rash fan! Hopefully through some correspondance with some artists involved in the soundtrack (not counting on a reply from Chevelle though), I'll post my article within a few months. 

I only have this album and Wonder What's Next. Like both, and would definitely buy more as I run across them. Having a twin brother that is also a musician (a much better one than me!), I loved that they were once an all-brother trio.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 3:19pm
Confessor - Condemned

Edited by Stooge - 02 Jan 2022 at 3:20pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 3:38am
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 5:00am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:30am

Confessor - Condemned

One of the most unique doom metal release out there, but also very much an aquired taste because of the vocals. I think the pairing of technical playing and doom metal riffs and heaviness is pretty brilliant but I have to be in the mood to listen to the vocals. When I am this is a great release.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:32am
CAVALERA CONSPIRACY - Pandemonium cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/cavalera-conspiracy/pandemonium

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 3:32am
Before:
Now:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 11:48am
This one is pretty great proggy old school Swedish death metal. I think fans of Edge of Sanity may find this interesting:
CRYPT OF KERBEROS - World of Myths cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/crypt-of-kerberos/world-of-myths
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Confessor - Condemned

One of the most unique doom metal release out there, but also very much an aquired taste because of the vocals. I think the pairing of technical playing and doom metal riffs and heaviness is pretty brilliant but I have to be in the mood to listen to the vocals. When I am this is a great release.

Very unique indeed!

I know I'd seen both Phil Anselmo and Nick from Paradise Lost wearing Confessor long-sleeve tees in old press photos, and I always kept them in mind. Finally bought a copy a few years ago. Smile
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 6:20pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 6:23pm

Confessor - Condemned

Very unique indeed!

I know I'd seen both Phil Anselmo and Nick from Paradise Lost wearing Confessor long-sleeve tees in old press photos, and I always kept them in mind. Finally bought a copy a few years ago. Smile

I had this album but sold it. Turns out I didn't acquire the taste...
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 10:25pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:10am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Confessor - Condemned

Very unique indeed!

I had this album but sold it. Turns out I didn't acquire the taste...

Tongue not all do. The vocals are pretty toneless and piercing, which can be hard on the ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 264>
  Share Topic