Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now -- what are you listening to? V3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 259>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 3:44am

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/eternitys-end/embers-of-war

Edited by adg211288 - 06 Dec 2021 at 4:26am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:27am
CARCASS - Torn Arteries cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/carcass/torn-arteries

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 6:11pm
https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/trivium/in-the-court-of-the-dragon
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 3:31am
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/mastodon/hushed-and-grim
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 6:21am
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/aquilus/bellum-i
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 11:13am
Gonna try and give the following two albums at least a couple listens today, for 2021 album of the year vote consideration:

Once I'm done with these two, I'll consider anything else I listen to optional. I likely will still listen to some other stuff, but I won't put pressure on myself like I was for these two and that Trivium album I listened to last night, since those are all albums I feel had a strong chance of getting votes from me.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 07 Dec 2021 at 11:18am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 7:44pm

Hopefully the first 2022 album I make it through (I have a couple other 2022 promos already, but they both kinda suck LOL)

Edit: Yeah, this one was pretty good, and I did in fact give it a full listen. Seems on par with the first two albums, and fairly similar, as expected.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 07 Dec 2021 at 9:31pm
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 9:29pm
OBSCURA - A Valediction cover
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 4:11am
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/esoctrilihum/dyth-requiem-for-the-serpent-telepath
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:23am
A Daydream Dark

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:23am
Alright, actually giving this a full listen now. So far, it really does seem like Griseus 2.0, except obviously with less of the shock factor, since instead of being a masterpiece that came out of nowhere, it has to follow up said masterpiece. Still seems excellent, though.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 12:10pm
^I decided that one may not match the debut in terms of that wow factor, but in terms of composition and overall sound, I like it about as much, and it's definitely better than any other black metal album I've heard between now and then, so I still give it 5 stars.

Rated this one 4.5 after one listen a while back, so now I need to see if it holds up. Their last album was close to being a top 30 album for me in its year, but didn't quite get there, so I'm kinda rooting for this one to finally get there. The opening track sure is unbelievably epic!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:00am
Before:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/blazon-stone/damnation

Now:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/running-wild/blood-on-blood

It may be telling that I choose to listen to Blazon Stone's 2021 album before Running Wild's. Damnation wasn't my favourite from them on first impression but was generally above par Running Wild worship from start to finish. So let's see how the real deal does this year. 2016's Rapid Foray was a surprising return to form, albeit still lacking a lot of the power metal I want from them, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Blazon Stone ranking higher. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:14am
UNLEASHED - No sign Of Life cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/unleashed/no-sign-of-life

hmm...it´s good but it doesn´t quite hold up to the last couple of releases. What´s with Johnny´s vocal style on this one? I miss his snarling growls. This is much more throaty shouting/semi-growling.

Edit:
Alright...I had one more listen, and damn it is a great album although I´m still biased towards the vocal style.

Edited by UMUR - 11 Dec 2021 at 7:49am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:22am
^I've never heard them before, but I'm very picky with vocals, so I looked it up out of curiosity, and I think he sounds fine....... If it's supposed to be a thrash album. For a death metal band, it does sound odd (though, honestly, with no knowledge of the band in general, I'd straight up consider this opening track as thrash with slight melodeath leanings, tbh.)
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:49am
^^ Didn't blow me away straight away but I really like it now. Pissed off I'm having to wait until January for my vinyl version to come. The release date has been put back about 4 times. same with The Lurking Fear.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 1:14pm
Yeah it just needed a couple of listens to settle. And yeah to the thrash metal leanings. They´ve had them on some albums now, but Unleashed also occasionally flirt with cold black metal atmospheres, so they aren´t as "straight" old school Swedish death metal as they used to be, but I enjoy them quite a bit these days. From "As Yggdrasil Trembles" they´ve made only excellent albums.

...and they are great live band too. Saw them in 2019.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:45am
MERCENARY - The Hours That Remain cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/mercenary/the-hours-that-remain

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:00am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 5:26am
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/cult-of-luna/the-raging-river(ep)
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 259>
  Share Topic