MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kvelertak wrong labeling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kvelertak wrong labeling
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:11pm
I�ve put them in black metal. The two most prominent genres on the album are Black Metal and punk and since the latter is not a style we accept here on MMA I tagged the album Black Metal. It�s by no means traditional black metal though. Sometimes MMA labels simply come up short. I still think Black metal is the best place.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:45pm
As it stands, only 1 genre tag can be applied to each album to keep things simple.  The tagging is applied to whichever element is the most dominant in the sound of the album. 

I'm not familiar with them or their discography, but if you are, some recommendations about labeling their albums would be appreciated. Smile
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:42pm
Which release of the two do you think should be labeled sludge?
<- Click on this!
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 12:52pm
I must say I disagree about the labeling of Kvelertak, not that they are not Black metal or have not BM influence but that is not just half of what they are in my ears. since it is possible to give two labels in MMA then I will sugest that Sludge metal is added behind the Black metal tag, since sludge (or Hardcore) elements are almoust half procent of the Kvelertak sound, since Baroness is sighted or heard as influence while the lyrics are black metal tinged, the sound is a mix of black metal and hardcore/sludge metal

Edited by Balthamel - 14 Mar 2011 at 3:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic