Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why the F**k have I got this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:23pm
Yeah It´s definitely the vocals which ruin Lamb of God. Otherwise it´s actually some pretty decent music with some great heavy grooves. The singer though....nah.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah It´s definitely the vocals which ruin Lamb of God. Otherwise it´s actually some pretty decent music with some great heavy grooves. The singer though....nah.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the music either, but that's just me.

Anyway, bye bye Asylum. That's 38 minutes I'm not getting back. That was so fucking inconsistent, even for KISS!

And back to the Green Day again.Ouch Let's see if this lives up to it's title? I'm thinking not...

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah, I don't like Blythe's vocals either, also seems like a douchebag from what I've read. Makes Lars look like a saint regarding priacy. Granted, I have mixed opinions on piracy, but regardless there's better ways to express it. I think Chris Adler is a great drummer though, wish he stuck with Megadeth, especially considering he's out of LoG now.

Edited by Unitron - 19 May 2020 at 4:04pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:32pm
Awesome as Fuck is definitely overselling the Green Day live album. Mildly Diverting as Fuck might be more appropriate. And I really HATE 21 Guns! Keeping it though.

Right, for the very last "Why the f**k have I got this?" album starting with A, back to Die Toten Hosen again:

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:25pm
Not quite as exciting as I might have hoped...

Time for some Ozzy. I really never too that much notice of Ozzy's solo career.

I may well have heard this before, but other than the title track I don't recognise any of the song titles. Oh yes, and So Tired.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 19 May 2020 at 6:34pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:49pm
Not the best Ozzy album, but I'll keep it.

I have two RATM live bootlegs, a live DVD, and a studio album. Having just sampled the bootlegs, I'm gonna delete them:
The Battle of Indio - https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-682954358-rage-against-the-machine-the-battle-of-indio-cd-_JM
The Battle of Dusseldorf - https://www.last.fm/music/Rage+Against+the+Machine/The+Battle+of+Dusseldorf
And fuck this:

And this:

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:51pm
And also this:

For a band that started out as Metallica clones, this is fucking pathetic. It's a pop album. Not even pop rock. Utter shit.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:01pm
There's nothing like a bit of Frank to stretch your mind a bit. I haven't listened to this particular album right through.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:29pm
Frank is definitely a keeper, although not always (ever?) an easy listen.

I got bored with the start of the alphabet, so I've zoomed down to Z. And surprise, surprise, ZZ Top.LOL
I grew up with 80s ZZ Top, the stuff like Eliminator and Afterburner. I have never given the old stuff much thought. And it doesn't get any older than this.

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:33pm
Love a bit of ZZ Top. First album is very different to Eliminator. You enjoy it?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:05pm
Keeper!
And next... Well, fuck. I changed ends of the alphabet so I might get different bands, and what do I get? Die Toten Hosen again!LOL

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Love a bit of ZZ Top. First album is very different to Eliminator. You enjoy it?

Certainly did.Smile I've heard the odd bit of their older stuff, but never listened properly.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:38pm
I could start a project like this - but for physical CDs. A few years ago I bought someone's whole collection on ebay. Sold the doubles and made most of what I paid for them back and for what I kept I paid just £0.18 per album. 

There were a few gems in that lot. Like Agalloch's The Mantle, many Rage albums, Anathema's death-doom stuff, the first four Empyrium albums and some other stuff right up my alley.

There was also a lot of stuff from bands I wouldn't normally have checked out. Some stuff I thought was okay but never listened to again and some stuff I didn't even like, but still own. There's also a couple of live albums from bands I like but never even listened to. 

I should really go through all of these again as well as a number of small job lots I bought (I had a thing about blind buying ebay job lots of CDs at one point, especially black metal ones). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:05pm
I made a cull of my physical collection 3 or 4 years back. I sold some vinyl I wish I hadn't now.Unhappy Got rid of some really shit CDs though.

Anyway, that Die Toten Hosen album wasn't that exciting, but it can stay.

Next is Alice Cooper again. I don't recognise any of the song titles here. And this is a fucking terrible album cover!

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:43pm
Musically, that Alice Cooper album is excellent. Unfortunately, it seems like Alice was trying too hard to be weird with the lyrics. Some of those songs are just stupid.

OK, Zappa again, but this time it's Dweezil playing Frank. I actually discovered Dweezil Zappa before I even knew who Frank Zappa was, way back when I was a teenager. I still like his My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama album. And I do intend to add him here one day. I just need to find the time.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

There's nothing like a bit of Frank to stretch your mind a bit. I haven't listened to this particular album right through.

Frank is great! I have tons of his stuff in my collection. Mid 70's is his best era for me. Assuming they'd be something on there from then.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Frank is great! I have tons of his stuff in my collection. Mid 70's is his best era for me. Assuming they'd be something on there from then.

I don't know what eras the songs came from. It's all rather mind-expanding!

And the Zappa Plays Zappa is great too. I didn't realise it was a live album. I knew Zappa the Younger is quite an accomplished musician in his own right, but not quite HOW accomplished!

Next is some NIN. I've never properly been past The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:21pm
I'm not going to miss that NIN album. Boring! Goodbye!

Some more ZZ Top, but a bit more modern:

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:35pm
So that wasn't bad. I particularly like the song Made Into A Movie. Surprisingly dark sounding.

And now back to some more Lamb of God. I don't know if this will last very long either...

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:37pm
Well that was surprisingly good! I didn't think I'd do this, but I'm keeping a LoG album!

Now for something completely different:

I only know a few songs by these guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic