Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List Challenges Not Related to Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:05pm
Okay even though you deleted this you've got me curious now what movie you're talking about (there's two movies I disliked on the list which are 2001 and Wizard of Oz). 

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Disappointed at the worst movie I've ever seen being on there, but I'm definitely in the minority on that.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Okay even though you deleted this you've got me curious now what movie you're talking about (there's two movies I disliked on the list which are 2001 and Wizard of Oz). 

Disappointed at the worst movie I've ever seen being on there, but I'm definitely in the minority on that.

Deleted it because I didn't want to offend anyone who loves it in a discussion, but here goes. I don't like those two movies either, but the worst for me is Mad Max: Fury Road. I couldn't find any plot, and from what I remember they go right back to where they started at the beginning of the movie (Which made me question why they drove around so much in the first place). Didn't even like the action either, the constant slowing down and speeding up was disorienting and just made it feel like someone kept switching between the rewind and fastforward button on the remote.

Maybe I went in with too high expectations because everyone was raving about it, but I can't think of a film that I've been more bored and confused by. Actually kind of reminds me of 2001 in some ways, in the sense that it feels like more effort was put into the effects than constructing an interesting and entertaining plot. That's how I usually feel about many modern movies I've seen in general, more work seems to be put into effects and making it look great than the story and characters.

Edited by Unitron - 11 May 2020 at 12:20pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:23pm
I've only seen it (and the earlier movies) the once. I remember liking it but not much actually about it. I never thought much of the original Mad Max personally, I only got into the series with the second one, which I remember liking more than Fury Road. I've been meaning to watch them all again though.

Action movies like them can be fun and all but I often find (and this is especially true the newer they are) that they are very thin a plot and full of bad guys who can't shoot straight. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:29pm
I haven't seen a whole lot of action films, but from what I have seen I tend to enjoy them most when they don't take themselves too seriously. I really liked the first Kingsmen (Was disappointed by the second though) and Face-Off is a lot of fun in its over the top ridiculousness. The latter makes me wonder why Nicholas Cage isn't cast in more absurdist comedies, he'd be perfect.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:59pm
Face/Off! I haven't watched that for years. I'll have to add it to my re-watch stack and hope the DVD works (since I never watched it off of the DVD, only picked it up after loving the film on TV). 

Nicolas Cage is one of those actors that is in so many films that aren't that good that it's sometimes easy to dismiss him as a hack, but he's got quite a few gems in his filmography that he's great in, like Mandy, Raising Arizona and of course, Face/Off.
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 1:13pm
I've heard that Vampire's Kiss is really good too, but from what I've seen it's harder to find and I'm guessing is probably out of print.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:15pm

I've heard that Vampire's Kiss is really good too, but from what I've seen it's harder to find and I'm guessing is probably out of print.

Probably some sort of legal rights thing going on because it has a Prime Video page in the UK but is unavailable to buy even on that. Just says 'Our agreements with the content provider don’t allow purchases of this title at this time.'
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:25am

https://www.listchallenges.com/the-ultimate-top-100-movies-of-all-time

The world's top 100 movies, made using a combo of ten sources charts re-ranked using the scoring system of MMA best of votes. 

35/100

There's some weird shit in there! Not as in weird movies, but some really strange choices.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:46am
^ I wanted to use more than ten sources, but it was surprisingly hard to locate usable lists to include for it. Some sites had some real oddities as their number one which gave that title 100 points, which is how that Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge movie (which I've never even heard of) got in there so high). 

I'm also surprised by a few movies that got totally slated by the ten source lists. You won't believe how few points titles like Terminator 2, The Big Lebowski, Seven and Chinatown ended up with. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 2:58pm

To get this started, this is my April 2020 movies and TV watched list: https://www.listchallenges.com/what-adams-been-watching-april-2020

6/67 for sure but I've probably seen most of those old films, especially the film noir ones but there's quite a few there that I don't remember. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:08pm
My first list of all spy movies watched. Well I say all, but I know I've seen more Bond than this while growing up, I just don't remember which ones.

GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:41pm
Got 6 on the spy list, though there's a couple Hitchcock's there that I haven't seen but own and I might have Cloak and Dagger too. Don't remember if that's in my Gary Cooper DVD collection or not.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:54pm

But really, Cars 2 and Dad's Army?LOL That's pushing it! We just rewatched Dad's Army the other day, and I gotta say, they did a good job of it.

Also the movies on that list: I went to see Moonraker with my old man when it came out. I must have been 7 or 8. We'd wanted to go to the first Star Trek movie, but the line for it went round the block! Having seen it since, we went to the right movie for me for the time. I wouldn't have appreciated it at that age.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

But really, Cars 2 and Dad's Army?LOL That's pushing it! 

They actually are though. Cars 2 is a total spy spoof (at least Mator's storyline is) and the 2016 Dad's Army movie is all about finding a wartime spy. It counts. Wink
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 11:40am
Something a bit different. 80 movies that RYM's algorithm generated recommendations for me. Couple of movies I have zero interest in turned up, but more I actually really want to see and some I've not heard of that look interesting. 

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:02pm
Reached my next milestone on Japanese movies today - 80 (two pages on LC). Well, 78 and 2 honourable inclusions anyway. 

GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

But really, Cars 2 and Dad's Army?LOL That's pushing it! 

They actually are though. Cars 2 is a total spy spoof (at least Mator's storyline is) and the 2016 Dad's Army movie is all about finding a wartime spy. It counts. Wink

True that, but not what I'd generally expect in a list of spy movies.Wink
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:30am

Reached my next milestone on Japanese movies today - 80 (two pages on LC). Well, 78 and 2 honourable inclusions anyway. 

22. All of them anime except for Letters From Iwo Jima which I guess is what you meant by honourable inclusions.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:35am

Something a bit different. 80 movies that RYM's algorithm generated recommendations for me. Couple of movies I have zero interest in turned up, but more I actually really want to see and some I've not heard of that look interesting. 

How have you got through so many Christmases without ever seeing It's a Wonderful Life? Shocked
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:07pm
^ Honestly don't know. But its not a movie I feel particularly inclined toward now so probably never will watch it. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic