MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Late 2019 Releases (Don't Miss For Best of Year)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late 2019 Releases (Don't Miss For Best of Year)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late 2019 Releases (Don't Miss For Best of Year)
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:35pm
Use this thread to plug for late 2019 releases (December, mainly) that people may overlook while making their submissions for MMA's Best of Year 2019 vote. If you haven't voted already, the thread is at: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16232&FID=3&PR=3&title=mma-best-of-year-2019-public-voting-thread

The album I am going to throw in here to recommend is one that just made my list a couple of days ago. The band was not on here prior to this (but is now, of course) but this is their third album.

In Human Form is a progressive black metal act. III is a three track album where the first and last track are both lengthy epics (by other band's standards, the middle track is also substantial). A mix of classic black metal sound with prog and features some quite liberal use of saxophone in some instances, I found it an impressive record that cracked my top 30 with ease on a single listen. The album was released on December 13th and wasn't on my radar at all until discovering it through a different act. 

III can be streamed in its entirety on record label I, Voidhanger Records (coincidentally one of my favourite labels to discover new stuff on) bandcamp: https://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/iii-2

I hope some of you will take the time to check these one out and to drop us some of your late late 2019 finds that we've probably missed out on so far. Thumbs Up
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 12:16am

The metal scene needs more stupid fun bands and artists that are great songwriters and don't take themselves so damn seriously. Vargskelethor delivers this with old school sounding thrash/death. If the album title and song titles don't give it away, this is all a bunch of great songs about skeletons.

"This song is so heavy, it's gotta go on a diet"

Edited by Unitron - 21 Jan 2020 at 12:17am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

The metal scene needs more stupid fun bands and artists that are great songwriters and don't take themselves so damn seriously. Vargskelethor delivers this with old school sounding thrash/death. If the album title and song titles don't give it away, this is all a bunch of great songs about skeletons.

"This song is so heavy, it's gotta go on a diet"
OK, that's getting a listen this morning...Big smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:25pm
^What'cha think?
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:31am
It was a bit... Zimmer's Hole! Great concept, well worth a listen. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic