Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grunge Favorites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Took me a while to come around to grunge as it seemed to be killing the careers of many metal bands. I did get into Soundgarden and Alice In Chains though who were both very good. I also liked Pearl Jam to an extent but haven't heard any of their more recent stuff. Always thought Nirvana were fairly average.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I think that my only addition to this thread would be The Screaming Trees, who had a number of good albums and received some radio play with the song Nearly Lost You. 

Never really checked out Screaming Trees apart from their cover of Buffalo's masterpiece Freedom, but just picked up Sweet Oblivion at a thrift store and it sounds pretty good. Opener Shadow of the Season is particularly great.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
I forgot about my favorite grunge album of all time by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. It's beyond grunge but adds it as the main style of choice. In fact it's a favorite album of all time :) More like a progressive grunge album but lots of pure grungy tracks. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! Don't let the acoustic / cello intro throw you off :D

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 12 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic