Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [25.00%]
3 [75.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krik Hammett vs Steve Lukather
    Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:50pm
Just listening to Kirks solo on Fade to Black and it revealed something that i have also heard in Lukes 80s solos, both have very fluid styles when they play unhinged. Both are good at alternate picking, able to utilise sweep, and dexteriously adept. Though Luke is well known for being well rounded allround studio guitarist, but at heart hes a heavy rock player in tone and edge, but with the flair of a jazz-fusion player and knowledge of one remembering the 60s and 70s. Kirk more fulledged heavy metal, but i also say and hear hes also versitile. 

So whos your favourite of these two?

Edited by Balthamel - 04 May 2019 at 5:52pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 12:59am
I´m only familiar with the early Toto releases, and while I do enjoy them, I haven´t listened to them enough. Even listened to plenty of Metallica over the years though, to know from bootleg live recordings that Hammet is more versatile in his playing than his (otherwise great) contributions of Metallica´s albums may suggest. I remember listening to a bootleg live recording of Hammet playing Little Wing. Damn that was great.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:49am
Steve by far. 

not only for Toto, but I've listened to some of his solo albums and his collaboration with Derek Sherinian. Excellent stuff!

Edited by LittleBig - 05 May 2019 at 3:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic