MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vantage Point - Scottish Heavy Metal Band.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vantage Point - Scottish Heavy Metal Band.
    Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:14am
I play guitar with Scottish metal band, Vantage Point, so far we have released four albums, and several EPs and singles, the latest of which, Back at Work, was issued last week.

Our music is definitely traditional heavy metal, influenced by the likes of Maiden, Priest, Purple and AC/DC. If you wish to check out how we sound, we have quite a lot of videos available on youtube.

Promo video of the track, @ Attack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiBgRE6P1I

Lego Stop Motion video for the track, Tutankhamun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnPW4W2E7_0

Live video for the song, 24 Hour Breakdown - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoLtm23lrc

While all our releases can be streamed on all the major digital platforms,

Vantage Point - Scottish Hard Rock / Metal
www.youtube.com/user/vantagepointrocks
www.facebook.com/vantagepointrocks
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by dark2711 dark2711 wrote:

I play guitar with Scottish metal band, Vantage Point, so far we have released four albums, and several EPs and singles, the latest of which, Back at Work, was issued last week.

You'd better check with an admin, because I think rating all your own releases with five stars must be against a rule somewhere.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
I was going to say I'll get you guys added here but I see you already are.

Good luck with the new album and I'll give you a listen.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Originally posted by dark2711 dark2711 wrote:

You'd better check with an admin, because I think rating all your own releases with five stars must be against a rule somewhere.

It's not actually in the rules but it should really go without saying. It's chart manipulation. 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 3:49pm
^ Hadn't noticed that, yes not a rule as such as far as I'm aware but definitely frowned upon. Having said that I was guilty of that myself back in the days before I was active around here, though I was more modest with the rating.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 4:22am

If he thinks all his own albums are 5 star releases, I don´t think there´s any rule preventing him from giving them 5 stars. I think using chart manipulation is a bit too much in this case, unless of course it´s all his ratings which are only 5 star ratings or 0,5 star ratings. Everyone should rate how they feel, but also using their brain on what is reasonable. One of the Things I personally loathe, are people who rate to piss others off. For example people who rate an album like "Masters of Puppets" with a 0,5 rating. That´s just stupid and deliberately done to provoke others for a response. Troll rating...

Edited by UMUR - 02 Feb 2019 at 4:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image