MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If You Could Rate An Album with 6 stars...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 9:48pm
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, the ultimat Heavy metal album.
Tool - Lateralus, the ultimat prog metal album.
Megadeth - Rust in peace, the ultimat trash, speed metal album.
Mayhem - de mysteris dom sathanas, the ultimat Black metal album.

Thos are 4 i whuld give 6. Tongue
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 11:28am
lots of people listed Lateralus.
I really preferred 10'00 days
(i own both, and BTBAM's colorsWink )
for me, it would be either:
Death's Symbolic 
Amon Amarth's With Oden on our Side 

Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

lots of people listed Lateralus.
I really preferred 10'00 days
(i own both, and BTBAM's colorsWink )
for me, it would be either:
Death's Symbolic 
Amon Amarth's With Oden on our Side 

Im allso one of thos that love 10.000 days, but its not up to Lateralus standards but almost. Its my second favorit Tool album for sure, and ill take it over Aenima anyday.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 10:10pm
Oh wow that's funny, last night when I was re writing my review of The Mantle, I actually thought
"This deserves a 6 star rating"

I kid you not LOL

So there be my answer.

This should be little surprise to anyone who knows me
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
goskoski View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goskoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:54am
Rush - Hemispheres
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 1:51pm
Ayreon - Into the Electric Castle would have to me my first choice. 

That said there's definitely a few that are equally deserving.

Anubis Gate - The Detached
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side
Wuthering Heights - Far From the Madding Crowd
Epica - Design Your Universe

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 7:26pm
Since a lot of people already said Lateralus, I'll be original (kinda...) and go with Cynic's Focus for the 6 star slot.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:33pm
I think if I really had to pick something, it would be Choirs of the Eye
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

Since a lot of people already said Lateralus, I'll be original (kinda...) and go with Cynic's Focus for the 6 star slot.

I'll have to listen to Focus again, I wasn't so pleased with it the first couple times I listened to it.

Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

The album that opened my eyes.

Don't you mean your third eye? Wink

LOL

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

I'll have to listen to Focus again, I wasn't so pleased with it the first couple times I listened to it.

I think Traced in Air is 9502874 times better than Focus, and Focus is pretty darn good. Traced in Air is one my favorite albums ever.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

I think Traced in Air is 9502874 times better than Focus, and Focus is pretty darn good. Traced in Air is one my favorite albums ever.

They're pretty close for me, but Focus has a bit more content and for 1993 it was revolutionary.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:17pm

They're pretty close for me, but Focus has a bit more content and for 1993 it was revolutionary.

You know, I'm really not a big fan of either. I like Focus a bit more than Traced In Air, but they are both worth the same rating IMO. Maybe I'll have to give them both another shot in the future... I guess it's pretty strange that I don't adore Cynic considering how much I love Death, Atheist, Pestilence, etc.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

You know, I'm really not a big fan of either. I like Focus a bit more than Traced In Air, but they are both worth the same rating IMO. Maybe I'll have to give them both another shot in the future... I guess it's pretty strange that I don't adore Cynic considering how much I love Death, Atheist, Pestilence, etc.

All I have of Cynic is Focus but i might have to get Traced In Air because I like Focus a decent amount.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:28pm

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

All I have of Cynic is Focus but i might have to get Traced In Air because I like Focus a decent amount.

Traced In Air isn't as raw or "death metalish" as Focus, but it's still fairly similar sound-wise. I may have to give that one another shot before the weekend ends. Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:01pm
I can't get past those awful electro-vocals
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 3:17pm
There aren't any albums I would rate with 6 stars. You people like things too much.

If this is an oblique way of asking what my favorite album on MMA is, I guess Of Natural History.

Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I can't get past those awful electro-vocals

I used to dislike them, but after a while I realize how cool it actually is.  It gives it a whole new vibe and no one else does it and I think it works beautifully.  Jus' another thing original about them that I adore.  If you give it more of a chance you can get passed the vocals - I did!
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 6:48am
Tool - 10,000 Days
Mastodon - Crack The Skye

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 7:23am
SubRosa - No Help For The Mighty One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic