Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:46am
Looks like Disney has done a 180 and re-hired James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:02am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Looks like Disney has done a 180 and re-hired James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3. 

Pity they didn't do that before the movie had to be pushed back for who knows how long - he's got commitments to the DCEU now. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:15pm
So Star Wars Episode IX is called The Rise of Skywalker. 

The title sounds really dumb to me. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
Some fucking arsehole just posted what happens in Avengers Endgame on Facebook in a completely unrelated place (on a post about the game Rage 2) and in image format with giant glaring letters about who dies. Haven't even seen Captain Marvel yet. I didn't think I would avoid spoilers until the movie is out on DVD, but fucking release day? Someone should reserve a special circle of hell for this prick. Unless it's fake, but in which case why bother? And if true I also just felt my anticipation for the movie drop a couple of notches.
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:01pm
Yeah, spoilers for that kind of thing are ridiculous. It didn't effect me, because I have no plans on watching the Avengers movies, but I had a couple deaths for Infinity War spoiled right around when it came out, just from watching some game stream.

That's why, even though I didn't have HBO for a while and don't really use it much, I made sure to get it at least through April and May, and I'll watch each episode of Game of Thrones right when they air, because I find if I wait even an hour or two to watch that show, there's a very high chance of getting it spoiled, which would really piss me off, at this stage in the series. (Speaking of which, since I think the UK probably gets the episodes a bit later, you'll want to be extra careful with the upcoming episode, since it's the big battle, and you wouldn't wanna have that spoiled, obviously.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 26 Apr 2019 at 1:03pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:05pm
^ We get Game of Thrones simulcast with the US, which means 2AM our time, so it's right there waiting first thing Monday morning. Just have to remember to avoid the PC before then. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 1:01pm
I saw Endgame today.

In many ways it did live up to its hype, but it also has significant problems that for me, preclude it from being a masterpiece. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I can elaborate on my feelings further than this without spoilers (seriously why the hell does this forum NOT have spoiler tags?). Let's just say there was a ton of characters I could have lived with being killed off for good and just one that I really couldn't. They killed off the one. It isn't just a personal favouritism issue, killing this one character makes zero sense given what we know about Phase 4.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:43am
Got my first taste of Italian Giallo movies yesterday. Think I've found my next film noir, meaning a new genre for me to delve extensively into. The two I've watched (The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and Tenebrae) both have some really corny violence but both plots were very intriguing and they both had pretty epic soundtracks. 

I have Deep Red lined up to watch next, which is supposed to be the best of the genre. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 2:39pm
Argento movies and Goblin soundtracks always Work. Sure most Italian movies from that time are pretty corny, but there´s something charming about that too right! Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:18am
Thor 4 has been confirmed for the MCU. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:59pm
So, Marvel is pulling what I consider a real sneaky one: Phase 4 MCU movies that tie directly to Disney+ TV shows. Meaning that if you don't watch the shows, you're going to miss details for the movies. This is completely unlike the now axed Netflix MCU roster that referenced the movies but had it's own internal continuity.

So far this seems to mostly only affect the second Doctor Strange movie which has been confirmed to feature Scarlet Witch and follow on from the WandaVision TV show. 

What concerns me the most here is that there are absolutely zero announced plans as far as I can tell for Disney+ to be anywhere but the US so it's completely up in the air how anyone else in the world will get to even see these shows. And I wasn't bothered about that, until they made this move. 

Also, even if Disney+ does come to the UK, it seems unreasonable to have enough TV subscription coming into the house. We already pay for Now TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:37pm
Yeah Disney Plus is yet another platform after your money. It’s getting expensive. And the Disney part-owned Hula are trying to get in on the act with their own Marvel-related planned offerings. I was actually disappointed that Marvel didn’t consider the Netflix characters part of the MCU. Luke Cage is a long-standing Avenger in the comics and the other three were Avengers too at some point. Even the Punisher linked up with the group at least once. Be good to have seen Daredevil and Iron Fist on the battlefield in the last. Avengers film.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 4:09am
I really don't know why they have to change the formula and make the TV shows an official part of the Phases. Three Phases have worked perfectly well with just movies and the shows being on the side. 

More than that, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, WandaVision and Loki could easily be legitimate film projects. It's only the animated What If series that actually seems like it should be a series and not a movie. And that's not even canon so why does it need to be a main part of Phase 4?

They've lost the plot. 

That said, I'm looking forward to some of these projects though I'm sceptical of the next Doctor Strange movie since they've said it's going to be closer to a horror movie yet also sworn that they aren't going to make anything rated above 12. Same goes for the eventual introduction of Blade. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Looking forward to the Blade film. Enjoyed Wesley Snipes' interpretation but just wish they'd stuck to him being a British character - he's not meant to be an American. If Cumberbatch can do a US drawl for Doctor Strange, I'm sure Snipes could put a cockney twang on. And it would be better as an 18 too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm
Honestly not much gets an 18 rating these days. I mean look at Deadpool 1 & 2. There's no way those movies would have got away with only 15 a decade ago. I'd be happy with a 15 rated Blade (I think Blade Trinity was 15 rather than 18). Honestly I think the upcoming Black Widow movie should be 15 as well since it's supposed to deal much more in depth with the spy side of the character, but they already said that it had been ordered to be capped at 12. 

I haven't seen Endgame yet and obviously not Far From Home either, although I know what happens in Endgame thanks to a prat on Facebook posting spoilers for it on completely unrelated posts on release day (I have managed to avoid Far From Home spoilers, so far though). Honestly given what I accidentally found out about Endgame I'm still having trouble reconciling with a certain character's demise given who one of the movies is about (we all probably know who I'm talking about but just in case someone else here hasn't seen it yet or had it spoiled...). Is this to mean that Phase 4 onward is just going to be disjointed with no new arc to follow the Infinity Saga? It seems weird to have this movie now given the events of Endgame.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 12:07am
The final season of Orange is the New Black drops today. It may be a little while before I start it though as I have a stack of films from ebay to watch and make sure they work. I'm excited for this one though. I'm expecting quite a change in pace of season 6's surprise ending. 
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Honestly not much gets an 18 rating these days. I mean look at Deadpool 1 & 2. There's no way those movies would have got away with only 15 a decade ago. I'd be happy with a 15 rated Blade (I think Blade Trinity was 15 rather than 18). Honestly I think the upcoming Black Widow movie should be 15 as well since it's supposed to deal much more in depth with the spy side of the character, but they already said that it had been ordered to be capped at 12. 

I haven't seen Endgame yet and obviously not Far From Home either, although I know what happens in Endgame thanks to a prat on Facebook posting spoilers for it on completely unrelated posts on release day (I have managed to avoid Far From Home spoilers, so far though). Honestly given what I accidentally found out about Endgame I'm still having trouble reconciling with a certain character's demise given who one of the movies is about (we all probably know who I'm talking about but just in case someone else here hasn't seen it yet or had it spoiled...). Is this to mean that Phase 4 onward is just going to be disjointed with no new arc to follow the Infinity Saga? It seems weird to have this movie now given the events of Endgame.

I'm generally against character resurrections because it cheapens their loss but I do tend to think that if there was one character in the Endgame line-up that they shouldn't have killed off...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 4:00am
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is up for pre-order on Amazon UK now. I already pre-ordered the blu-ray. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:11am
I'm starting to feel like the MCU may begin to crash and burn in Phase 4. Just learned that the Disney/Marvel and Sony deal has broken down and that Spider-man is going to be removed from all future MCU instalments (unless they reach a new agreement). Maybe they should really have just called the franchise a day with Endgame. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:09am
I'm not really interested in the MCU, but that is lame, and it always sucks when fans essentially get screwed over, because some big corporate heads are too greedy over exactly how many millions of dollars they'll make off of something. It'll be funny to see how they retcon Spider Man out of future MCU movies, though, or how they retcon other characters out of Spider Man. What they should do: Have Spidey become cocky and think he needs to be paid a certain amount of money in order to help them, they refuse, and so they never help each other again. That would be accurate enough, I think LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic