MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are the metal reviewers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are the metal reviewers?
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:43pm
I just happened to notice the other day that I haven't encountered a single "metal reviewer." On PA, there are loads of Prog Reviewers, so I was wondering if MMA had the same system, instead of just all collaborators all the time.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 12:47am
I was thinking about this myself.
Maybe the site is still too young? But personally, I think we should Metal Reviewers without doubt!

Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:00am
I think pretty much all prolific contributors have so far been recruited to the collab ranks to help shape up the database, which is still very much a work in progress. I'm sure metal reviewers will be reality at some point.
<- Click on this!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I think pretty much all prolific contributors have so far been recruited to the collab ranks to help shape up the database, which is still very much a work in progress. I'm sure metal reviewers will be reality at some point.

That's what I was thinking, kinda soon to have metal reviewers when the site is still far from complete!
I do hope we have it one day though.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:55am
The option has actually just been implemented and I�m sure we�ll see promotions soon.Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 1:58am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

The option has actually just been implemented and I�m sure we�ll see promotions soon.Smile

Excellent! Headbanger

Thanks for that update!

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 2:06am
Sounds good! I can already think of names that could get that title.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:34am
Just PM me with suggestions. We don�t want a public popularity contestTongue.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:35am
Well 502 reviews is an impressive list, and you're an admin as well as on 3 teams.

Surely a little more duty won't hurt ya! Wink

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:41am
^LOL SC can�t be Metal Reviewers. Metal Reviewers are 4 star Collabs who dedicate their time to writing reviews but aren�t necessarily interested in adding artists and editing the database.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:44am
Nah I gotcha, but it IS quite a list you got! Headbanger

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 4:37am
Well there are about 150 ratings among them so not all are reviews. I began a year ago to move all my reviews from PA to the drafts section of my profile and I plan to re-write those reviews at some point in the future before I post them here. I�d say there are about 300 - 400 reviews there too. I�m far from finished moving the reviews though. It�s quite a lot of work actually.

For example I�ve reviewed every studio album by Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden but only very few of those reviews have been posted here yet.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:50pm
I was asking because that's the only promotion I can really hope for - my "main" metal genre is prog metal and I doubt very many more collabs will be added to that team, so metal reviewer is my best shot Tongue
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 11:32pm
Reviewers are always an important part to the music site!

And I was going to move alot of my PA reviews but honestly...a lot of them are terrible LOL Also generally geared for a prog audience. My MMA reviews are, hopefully, better!
Edit: Of course I can't be one, which is fine. I just love reviewing Big smile

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 25 Jan 2011 at 11:33pm

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:38am
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

I was asking because that's the only promotion I can really hope for - my "main" metal genre is prog metal and I doubt very many more collabs will be added to that team, so metal reviewer is my best shot Tongue

There�s not necessarily a restriction on how many Collaborators we want working on the subgenres. We value any hard working and dedicated Collab. So if you think you fit that description you are more than welcome to apply here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=286&title=post-your-application-as-a-subgenre-team-member.

Edited by UMUR - 26 Jan 2011 at 9:06am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 4:14pm
I'll work with metal reviewer for now. LOL
And thanks to the admins for the promotion!
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:32pm
I appreciate the invitation and promotion!! Metal on!!
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 1:54am
I'm happy to be a metal reviewer! I was able to bust out quite a few over winter break, and I will try to get as many as I can out even though I'm currently in the middle of a college semester (rough). Nonetheless I will uphold my duties! Headbanger
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:02pm
hey, what are your requirements to become reviewer?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:38pm
I know at ProgArchives you needed at least 30 decent to very well written reviews of a quasi-broad spectrum (e.g. not all thrash metal reviews, but some other genres too)

Edited by andyman1125 - 30 Jan 2011 at 3:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic