MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are the metal reviewers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:51pm
^I know that. I just wonder if there are the same rules or you're maybe... slightly less demanding.  Nice sig by the way Thumbs Up
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:56pm
well, for this first wave of promotions I guess the admins looked and said, "oh, this handful of people have lots of well-written reviews, as well as seeming quite knowledgeable without having applied for a genre team"
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 4:29pm
Basically what happened to me. Then I was promoted again! LOL
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 4:43pm
Well, it would be nice to be a collab, but the genres I know well are already filled with themWink
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Well, it would be nice to be a collab, but the genres I know well are already filled with themWink
Read this:
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

I was asking because that's the only promotion I can really hope for - my "main" metal genre is prog metal and I doubt very many more collabs will be added to that team, so metal reviewer is my best shot Tongue

There�s not necessarily a restriction on how many Collaborators we want working on the subgenres. We value any hard working and dedicated Collab. So if you think you fit that description you are more than welcome to apply here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=286&title=post-your-application-as-a-subgenre-team-member.

I was invited to join, but if you're up to being a collab, I recommend applying.  

Edited by andyman1125 - 30 Jan 2011 at 5:24pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

I know at ProgArchives you needed at least 30 decent to very well written reviews of a quasi-broad spectrum (e.g. not all thrash metal reviews, but some other genres too)

That's a rough guideline we will be following here as well.  It's not really a position one applies to get.  Basically, if you can write a good amount of reviews that are well written, you will get consideration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image