MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi... again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi... again
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 12:52pm
Hi all,

Not exactly a newbie as I was once active, but that was... quite a while ago (3 or 4 years by now, I think?).

I've decided to come back because I miss talking about metal bands ranging from the mainstream to the underground without being confronted by blank faces and statements such as "Morbid Angel? Izzat the name of a drink?" or, on the opposite side of the spectrum, "You listen to Lamb of God? You're such a f*cking poser. In KVLT we trust." What you could infer from that is I'm open to all metal subgenres, and am keen to share my tastes and opinions whilst keeping an ear wide open to recommendations. Or, to put things differently... glad to be back :)

My favourite bands currently include Primordial, Nile, Thy Catafalque, Behemoth, Opeth, Ahab, A Forest Of Stars, Obscura, Bolt Thrower, Gojira, Cult of Luna, Agalloch, Moonsorrow, Alcest, Morbid Angel, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, Wintersun, and of course, Iron Maiden (amongst many many others, of course). 

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Chris

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 1:11pm
Nice to have you back Chris Thumbs Up
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 1:52pm
Glad to have you back

There’s some cracking bands in your likes list, Chris.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 2:58pm
Good to hear from you again Chris, it's been a while. Handshake
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:25am
Thanks, guys! Glad to see you still remember me, Adam and Jonas! Beer
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:46am
Nice to meet you, Chris. Welcome! Smile
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:20am
Welcome Chris, I'm a fan of many of the bands in your list myself, especially Opeth, Nile, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Iron Maiden and Bolt Thrower.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:40am
Welcome back, Chris! I actually remember you from Adam's other forum I used before coming here.
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:12am
Thanks guys!

Glad to read that, Travis! I still have you on GoodReads too if I'm not mistaken :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic