Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Way to Listen to Music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:02pm
I live in a student hostel so I can't listen to music with loudspeakers -  I use this instead:

Sennheiser px200

In my parents house, in my room I have those:

Tannoy M1
modest stuff, but I don't need anything better.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:41am
the best way (for me) is an audiophile hi-fi (B&W or Tannoy speakers, NAD elements) with some candles, a good single malt (preferrably speyside), or some good wine (but not getting drunk), maybe a Jama�can cigar, a good music handbook in the hands and loafing in my couch....  

or with a slight alteration of speaker direction... loafing on the lawn under a walnut tree, but it won't be as loud.
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 6:32pm
There's a few ways that I think are really good...
Walkman/ cassette player/ MP3 on the bus (especially good for homemade compilations).
At night in the (near) darkness, in the lounge, on vinyl and getting totally into it. (best for an album experience)
Compact disc or tape in cars and used as driving music. (Anthrax and Ozzy sound great when the car speakers are bursting, it's dark, you're in the Scottish woodlands and you have the window right down with the rain pissing right into your face and hair everywhere as you scream 'CRY FOR THE INDIANS!!!'.)
Please note: In the third instance I was the passenger NOT the driver! LOL

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:45am
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7041339ec2fdcc12/index.html

my headphones, use them for mixing and such (lots of bass in these bad boys; use them to feed my bass addictionTongue)

my desktop monitors, the bass response is beautiful 

Edited by SKwid - 07 Apr 2011 at 1:49am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic