MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash Big Four

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which is your favourite ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
39 [47.56%]
23 [28.05%]
8 [9.76%]
12 [14.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrash Big Four
    Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:37pm
Who rocks hardest out of the 'big four'? I know it's a totally cliche and outworn debate but hey this is 'Metal Archives' so somebody's gotta do it!
I am going to risk my nonexistant internet butt and say Megadeth. Tongue
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:40pm
Voted for Metallica, but Testament would beat them all.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:42pm
Slayer has always been my favorite.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:42pm
Metallica edges out Anthrax for me than Megadeth and then Slayer.  I really never got in to Slayer.  They were too evil for my tastes back in the day.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 12:45pm
AWWW... little Anthrax has no friends. Cry
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 1:24pm
METALLICA!!!!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 1:54pm
Megadeth for me - the most interesting of the four from a musical point of view. I hope to have the time one of these days to review Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? I actually was heavily into thrash metal back in the Eighties, and loved all four of them, including Anthrax. Spreading the Disease is one of my favourite albums from that era. 
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 2:08pm
Metallica is one of my biggest musical loves of all time, and I really like some Slayer stuff too. I've only recently started to get into Megadeth, perhaps one day it's Anthrax's turn.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 3:44pm
Metallica has a big lead over the others in my own mind.  They banged as a metal band and rocked as a rock band.  The only material they've released that I'm not very big on is the Black Album (with the exception of a few songs) and St. Anger.

I used to listen to Megadeth a lot, and their first 4 albums are thrash metal classics.  However, I haven't enjoyed anything they have released starting with Risk.  Their newest material is very much thrash metal, but I don't know what exactly it is, but something is missing.  Mustaine's personality is one thing that somehow affects how I hear their new music for some reason.

Anthrax used to be one of my top 5 favorite bands.  I think I actually got into them before I got into Metallica.  I remember my brother and I share a copy of the Beavis And Butthead album that has their version of "Looking Down The Barrel of A Gun" by the Beastie Boys.  So I bought a used copy of Volume 8, which sounded nothing like the Beastie Boys, but I had never listened to anything as heavy as the opening track "Crush".  I've always been more of a Bush fan than a Joey fan, and prefer the bands material with Bush, especially Sound Of White Noise and We've Come For You All.  With the reunion mess with joey and the hiring/firing/whatever of another vocalist, they are now a band I've lost patience with.

Slayer is Slayer. LOL My favorite albums of theirs are South of Heaven and Seasons in The Abyss.  If only their other albums had as much diversity from a songwriting standpoint.  I actually like it when they slow down once in a while.
DeathOfSeasons View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathOfSeasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 6:47pm
I'd have to go with Anthrax. To me Megadeth haven't released anything good since Rust in Peace (I haven't heard their latest though). Slayer's last great album was Reign in Blood and Metallica only ever released two good albums (Kill 'Em All and ...And Justice for All). If you ignore their terrible periods Megadeth are the best, but overall I'd say Anthrax.
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 8:08pm
Out of the four it's Metallica for me.
Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:01am
Metallica!!!!! Rawks
bonnek View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:47am
Megadeth!

Logan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 11:51am
I feel that Exodus and Dark Angel should have become bigger.  Anyway, Slayer slays the other competition, imo.  
- -brutalogan
aapatsos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 3:58pm
A big fan of Metallica here - all four are performing in Greece at the same day with Mastodon as a support

I can't be there, life is so cruel sometimes...
MrEdifus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrEdifus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 6:56pm
Megadeth, they're the only one that remains a good band to this day.
thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:09pm
I never liked Metallica, but Megadeth rocks.
Metalbaswee View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:23am
Moving this to the Metal Poll section. ;)

Bas

kshskang View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshskang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:42pm
Seeing as I basically got into the realm of metal through Megadeth, I'm gonna have to go with them on this one. Never really got into Metallica.
birdwithteeth11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdwithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by MrEdifus MrEdifus wrote:

Megadeth, they're the only one that remains a good band to this day.

And they made Rust in Peace on top of that, which might be as good as Metallica's first 4 combined.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic