Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [63.64%]
4 [36.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slayer vs Kreator
    Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:23pm
Slayer's gonna win this poll because... well, everyone knows why. 

Judge the two bands' overall body of work, both bands have had long careers, since the 80s. 

If this poll gets some discussion, I'll have some of their albums up against each other LOL

vote and discuss Smile

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:35pm
Slayer.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Slayer.

no reason why?

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Slayer.

no reason why?

Better.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:10am

Slayer.

no reason why?

Better.

I don't believe you LOL

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:10am
Album for album, Slayer tops Kreator in almost every instance. I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad about Kreator, just that Slayer is better.

Show No Mercy is better than Endless Pain
Pleasure to Kill is better than Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood is better than Terible Certainty (that was the spelling on the cassette version I had!LOL)
South of Heaven is better than Extreme Aggression
Seasons in the Abyss is better than Coma of Souls
Divine Intervention is better than Renewal
Undisputed Attitude is better than Cause for Conflict
Diabolus in Musica is better than Outcast
God Hates Us All is better than Endorama (not saying much about either album!)
Violent Revolution is better than Christ Illusion
World Painted Blood is better than Enemy of God
Repentless is better than Hordes of Chaos
Phantom Antichrist and Gods of Violence are excellent, and I don't know that Slayer is going to release anything more to go against them.

So that's 10-2 to Slayer.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:28am
^ I only agree with you on the debut albums, Slayer's debut is better than Kreator's. Endless pain was too chaotic, but then Mille was not even 18 when that album came out, so it's still something to be amazed by. I guess Endless Pain influenced quite a few black metal bands LOL

South of Heaven vs Extreme Aggression? That's hard to choose. SoH is my favorite Slayer album. 

Diabolus in Musica is the low point in Slayer's work, it's become un-listenable to me. 
God Hates Us All is a bit better, a slight improvement, but I won't be playing it any time soon. 

On the other hand, there is no Kreator album that I can say this about (being un-listenable). 

Edited by LittleBig - 11 Mar 2018 at 1:12am
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:34am
I can't really vote on this until I hear more from Kreator. I've only heard their last three and Come of Souls so far, and all of those have been excellent. Meanwhile, for Slayer I absolutely love the trio of Reign in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss, but everything afterward does basically nothing for me, with God Hates Us All being especially awful. In fact, I once described it as "a wild 13 year old's temper tantrum set to music" and I still stick by description LOL

Edited by DippoMagoo - 11 Mar 2018 at 12:36am
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:36am
LOL
I have never understood the praise that GHUA gets. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:37am
I really don't like Endorama or Coma of Souls.

I was thinking about EPs too. Haunting the Chapel vs Flag of Hate is near impossible to call. Out of the Dark...Into The Light and Live Undead are a close match too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:38am

LOL
I have never understood the praise that GHUA gets. 

It's a turd of an album. It's the only Slayer one I can't stand. Unluckily for Kreator, Endorama is worse.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:40am
^ I enjoy Endorama quite a bit, I got no problem with it, being different and all. The only other album of thrashers going soft that I like more is Testament's The Ritual. 
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:42am
I really can't imagine how they could possibly have a worse album than God Hates Us All, unless they deliberately tried. Even then, it probably wouldn't happen. I will save my judgement until I at least hear Endorama, though, just on the off chance I'm wrong. For comparison sake, while I really don't like Megadeth much, I'd even say I tolerate Risk and The World Needs A Hero over God Hates Us All, that's much I loathe that one.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 11 Mar 2018 at 12:43am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I can't really vote on this until I hear more from Kreator. 

This says a lot about how metal has changed. In the early 90s, there was a lot less to chose from, and any metalhead you met could debate it instantly because they'd have heard everything available. Some will tell you metal has become too fragmented, or watered down, or some other negative bullshit, but I think it's a real positive. It means there's more diversity and more choice, and it all still gets called metal. It shows the creativeness and continued development of the genre as a whole, which is why it has grown from strength to strength, instead of fading and dying like a lot of other musical trends.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

For comparison sake, while I really don't like Megadeth much, I'd even say I tolerate Risk and The World Needs A Hero over God Hates Us All, that's much I loathe that one.

I wouldn't go THAT far!LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:57am
I suppose I shouldn't vote here until I hear more albums from both, but heavily leaning toward Kreator based on just Pleasure to Kill, which I liked more than any of the three Slayer albums I've heard. Slayer is a band that, as stated in my Reign of Blood review posted yesterday, I really enjoy a select few songs from (another being the Seasons in the Abyss title track), but the rest does little to nothing for me. I do intend to try more of their classic albums though just to see if I come away with a different opinion than Reign of Blood gave me. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:05pm
I used to enjoy Kreator (back when "Extreme Aggression" was their latest album LOL), and there are a few of their albums I still enjoy greatly (many people will probably find it weird, but I think Renewal is their best), but they´ve become so sterile and boring over the years, that I can´t take it anymore. I always rate their releases fairly, because objectively they are high quality releases, but personally I´m bored to death by them.

Slayer on the other hand, have never lost their charm to me. From Reign in Blood to Seasons in the Abyss are among the best trilogy of albums in any discography on the scene.

Live there is no competition either. I´ve seen Slayer many times, and even on their "bad" days, they deliver at least a decent show, while Kreator...Again, they are professional, but also incredibly predictable, sterile, and boring....and I should know, because I´ve seen them three times in the last 3 or 4 years, and god damnit I´m seing them Again on this year´s Copenhell.

Edited by UMUR - 11 Mar 2018 at 12:07pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:18pm
Kreator have released some great albums but even at their best they can't compete with Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood and South Of Heaven.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:37pm
^ the albums Kreator did between 1986 Pleasure to Kill to 1990 Coma of Souls are as good as any Slayer you mention above.
 And unlike Slayer who's been slowly going downhill since Seasons..., Kreator has put out great works. Any material they did starting 2001 is superior (IMO) to whatever Slayer did after their classic albums. 

I guess I am the only one defending them here. :(

Edited by LittleBig - 11 Mar 2018 at 12:38pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:54pm
^Not if you mention Renewal as their best Big smile. I´ve given my reasons for not appreciating Kreator much these days, and I think those are valid reasons. To my ears not even the "Classic" Kreator albums even remotely reach the heights of the best Slayer albums. There are quite a few reasons why that is (songwriting, production values...etc), but to me personally it´s mostly Ventor´s rididulous drumming skills which kills Kreator´s music. He is one of the worst drummers on the scene IMO. I can still remember the "not so well trained" younger version of him singing out of breath/and trying to drum and keep the beat while singing "Riot of Violence" on the VHS tape of the live concert in East Berlin right after the wall fell. Man I used to love that video, but in retrospect that particular track just sounds awful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic