Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Best of Year 2017 Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 6:48am
For any metalheads who may be interested, here is a link to ProgArchive's best of prog list for 2017.  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=113928.  Interestingly enough, it takes a while before any prog metal albums make there way into the list.  I suppose that might be a result of the overlap of members between these sister sites being much less than it used to be.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:22am
^ I knew Wobbler would walk it. A great album though and would make my top 5 of any poll including all genres.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:24am
I've got to listen to the new Wobbler, see what the fuss is all about. :)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

For any metalheads who may be interested, here is a link to ProgArchive's best of prog list for 2017.  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=113928.  Interestingly enough, it takes a while before any prog metal albums make there way into the list.  I suppose that might be a result of the overlap of members between these sister sites being much less than it used to be.

Very nice. Don't know the #1 but have seen it posted here in the What are you listening to? thread I'm sure. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:34am
Impressive!! These album of the year lists have come a long way in terms of their presentation.  At least they have since the last time I came here about 10,000 years ago LOL

I haven't been listening to much new metal in the past year or so, so I should make a point to sample some of the artists I'm not too familiar with.  I'm always looking for more shows to attend, so this may put some fresh active artists onto my radar. Smile
tapfret View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
Adam's presentation here last year inspired me to volunteer to do the PA list this year and dress it up a bit. Still can't get the table cells to align evenly across the page.

But great job again here. And thanks for the hints.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:14am
I use a Table pasted out of Open Office Writer. Seems to set everything evenly no matter what. Works a treat on MMA so should be fine on PA too. This is what a blank template for 25 albums looks like on here.

GG2U

tapfret View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:32am
I tried OpenOffice but it wouldn't put color into the borders. The weird thing is that different source writers, browsers, and OS versions yield completely different results. I ended up finding the best outcome with my win10 desktop using MSWord 2003. Go figure.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:48am
The trick I always found to mine is to just copy the table, then write the actual content straight into the forum's editor. 

OpenOffice can do colour by the way:

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 2:53pm
Checked out that Wobbler album - very good!
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Impressive!! These album of the year lists have come a long way in terms of their presentation.  At least they have since the last time I came here about 10,000 years ago LOL

I haven't been listening to much new metal in the past year or so, so I should make a point to sample some of the artists I'm not too familiar with.  I'm always looking for more shows to attend, so this may put some fresh active artists onto my radar. Smile

Long time no see Dan. Welcome back to MMA. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:41am
For those that are interested, there's now a Spotify playlist for the MMA Best of 2017. As usual a few acts missing due to not being on Spotify but we've got a sizeable playlist that may only grow yet if I add the lower end of the list as well. I had to pick a song at random for any album I didn't know, so hopefully I picked good ones. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/adg211288/playlist/3SlnSGxEZO7jrEZF6DKOUs
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:12am
^ Great Thumbs Up
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 4:51am
I wonder if these old result posts could be un-pinned? I made a new thread in a collab subforum and it went straight to the second page because of all the announcements and pinned threads.

Edited by Pekka - 08 Jul 2021 at 4:52am
<- Click on this!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 4:57am
Yes we are due for a tidy up.

Leave it with me. Time for a spot of housekeeping. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic