Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Iron Maiden Trooper beer - Light Brigade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Iron Maiden Trooper beer - Light Brigade
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm
This news forum has been almost entirely obituaries lately so here's something much enjoyable - beer!

Robinsons brewery and Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson have collaborated again to bring the latest in the Trooper beer range - Light Brigade. This 4.1% golden ale is the fifth beer in the range and the first since the original Trooper not to be a limited edition. The beer is also brewed in aide of the Help for Heroes charity.

While most band branded alcohol is cash in on the name crap, Dickinson is actually involved in the creation of the Trooper beers and the ones I've personally tried are decent.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:19pm
Always happy to try a new Beer! Big smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:39pm
I'm not so fond of the golden ale style so I don't expect this will be one I'll drink too often. It may surprise me.

I just wish the brewery would get their heads out of their arses and can it with the whole limited edition crap they enforced on the Trooper 666, Red n Black and Hallowed. I never did get to try the full strength Red n Black because of that nonsense. Well that and their exclusivity arrangement with Morrisons, who then elected not to even stock it in every store. They kind of learned their lesson with the Hallowed but they still messed that up by treating it as a Halloween beer (as any Iron Maiden fan knows - it isn't), so even though it should still be on shelves it isn't. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:53pm
I managed to find some Trooper ale here in Christchurch, NZ with a lot of difficulty. Eventually found a supermarket where the guy in charge of the booze department is a Maiden fan (since 1981!) and makes sure there's always a supply. It's bloody expensive by the time it gets to New Zealand, but I thought it was a more than decent drop.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:38pm
Would be nice to try it but not sure it's imported to the 'States. Will check Table & Vine, just in case.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Would be nice to try it but not sure it's imported to the 'States. Will check Table & Vine, just in case.

My cousin in the US was able to find some of the original in tins. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

My cousin in the US was able to find some of the original in tins. 

Very nice! Gives me hope.Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:33am
Fucking Morrisons only again in the UK. Angry This is after they previously just said 'UK supermarkets nationwide'. The real kicker is that I was in Morrisons just yesterday looking for it because it was also originally announced to be on shelves from February 19th, but apparently it only came out today. 

These guys could not organise a piss-up in a brewery. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic