Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Babymetal guitarist Mikio Fujioka dead at 36

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Babymetal guitarist Mikio Fujioka dead at 36
    Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:55am

"Mikio Fujioka, a rocker for the popular Japanese band Babymetal, has died.

He was 36.

His death was confirmed by the pop-metal group, which honored their longtime guitarist in a post to social media.

"The "Little" Guitar Kami of #BABYMETAL 's #Kamiband has passed away in the METAL GALAXIES. We hope that he is now with his GUITAR MASTER A.Holdsworth and enjoying an epic guitar session with him," reads the post, which was shared to Babymetal's official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.

The band did not reveal an official cause of death for Fujioka. He reportedly died on Jan. 5, six days after he suffered a fall off an observation deck, according to NME, which cited his wife.

Fujioka began touring with Babymetal — a fusion group that combines elements of heavy metal and Japanese pop — in 2013 as part of its Kami Band, which is the instrumental element of the group.

He played with the band when it performed as an opening act for Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses in 2017.

Fujioka (Ko-Gami) was also affectionately known as Little God".

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/babymetal-guitarist-mikio-fujioka-dead-36-article-1.3749870
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:10am
That’s very young. R.I.P.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:12pm
R.I.P.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm
Far too young to go, RIP.
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 3:25pm
Damn now I feel bad at firing some shots at Babymetal in my Lovebites review. R.I.P.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:06pm
Damn. That's too fucking young! I still haven't checked out Babymetal but nobody should die that young. RIP :(
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:16am
That's terrible, how awful for everyone involved. Mikio's family and the Babymetal clan will be in my thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic