MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clear Blue Sky for Proto & HR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear Blue Sky for Proto & HR
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 7:48pm
Clear Blue Sky are a UK-based heavy blues rock band that formed in 1968. Their 1971 self-titled album came along with a slew of other heavy blues bands erupting from the same period. The band seemingly split up shortly after the release, only to reform in 1990, and since then have made six more albums. Their latest album was 'Don't Mention Rock 'N' Roll' in 2013, and it still retains the heaviness they had almost 50 years earlier.

The only one I'd personally consider to not be hard rock following the eponymous is 1996's Cosmic Crusader, which is, as the band puts it, more of a "power fusion-flecked psychy rock" album.

Edited by aglasshouse - 02 Oct 2017 at 10:56pm
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 2:59am
Their debut looks their most known and well documented album. It's on Spotify (their only one unfortunately) so let me check that one out for HR first. Still got a handful of bands to evaluate before them though, so bear with me.
voila_la_scorie View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Proto Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voila_la_scorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:35am
Lots of fuzz on the guitar. The opening track seems to be one long blues jam. Listening now on UToob. At around 10:50 into the album they sound like T.2. Skipping around, the lead guitar shows up an awful lot. At 17:40 or so, the song that begins does have an early hard rock sound to it. Yes, I remember checking out this album before. I thought it was a bit sloppy in parts and too much like lots of other stuff in other parts. 22:26 an explosive distorted guitar. Still, sounds a lot like a sloppy T.2.
A story told that can't be real somehow must reflect the truth we feel.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 5:10am
Putting the debut under evaluation right now.

Just noticed on RYM that this band is based not far from where I live. Never heard of them before though. 

Sounds pretty damn heavy right from the off.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 5:47am
Approved based on the debut. Nicole may want to do a more in depth evaluation, but they should definitely be here at least for this one. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic