0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MMA's Top Funeral Doom Metal Albums Poll
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 8:13am
I held off this poll back when I was posting these sub-genre ones before, becuase funeral doom didn't have much in it at the time. Since it's filled out a bit now, here's the current top 12. Still Esoteric domiant though. Personally don't know any of these yet but am interested in Esoteric, Evoken and Ea.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 8:33am
Not a fan of Esoteric but like a bit of Evoken, Shape Of Despair and Ahab now and again. I'm going to check out a couple more of those albums before I vote though as not familiar with some of them.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 8:39am
Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale for me is one of the strangest and most perfect examples of surreal metal ever recorded. One of my favorite bands.

I love me a lot of Evoken and Skepticism as well. I have some Shape Of Despair but not as much as a fan. The rest are still unexplored. Also worth mentioning are Worship, Mournful Congregation and Thergothon.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:23pm
I enjoy a bit of doom but it's not a genre I've ever really extensively explored, especially regarding this sub-genre. Therefore, I can't say I've heard any of these.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:28pm
The Pernicious Enigma, no contest.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:04pm
I've started exploring this genre recently and have heard three of these so far:

Evoken - Embrace the Emptiness
Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale
Ea - Ea

Of these I'd give my vote to Ea (but I'm holding off for now until I check out more of these), considering that's the one I've purchased on CD out of the three. However I think the funeral doom album that has impressed me most so far is another one from Evoken that sadly isn't in our current top 12: Atra Mors, which I currently have on order. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:22pm
Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:35am
Started checking out some of these that I hadn't heard but found it tough going so going to take a while. I can only take funeral doom in small doses but the more traditional doom I can play for hours.

At the moment Ahab are the favourite.

Edited by Nightfly - 22 Sep 2017 at 11:35am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I can only take funeral doom in small doses but the more traditional doom I can play for hours.

At the moment Ahab are the favourite.

I've found it quite hit and miss with me so far. Loving Evoken and Ea and gaining interest in Esoteric, but I also tried Stormcrowfleet by Skepticism and was bored out of my tree by it. 

Tried Ahab some years ago and didn't like them then, but my interest in doom as grown a lot since then. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:45am
Voted for Evoken - Embrace the Emptiness from this list. Tough call between that are some of Esoteric options.

From the current genre page I'd go with Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic