MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RUSH To Discuss 30th Anniversary Moving Pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RUSH To Discuss 30th Anniversary Moving Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RUSH To Discuss 30th Anniversary Moving Pictures
    Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 5:20am

Archive interviews with RUSH members Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart will be aired on the "In The Studio" show during the week of January 3, 2011. They will be heard discussing the 30th anniversary of RUSH's "Moving Pictures" album with professional radio broadcaster and rock musician interviewer Redbeard.

"In The Studio" is a weekly hour-long interview-with-music "rockumentary" which looks at the making of many of the greatest albums recorded in rock and roll history, although sometimes it spotlights the history of rock and roll bands. Redbeard interviews the musicians who created these classic albums.

For more information and a preview clip, go to this location.

As a tribute to the U.S. city that first played the band's music, RUSH has confirmed that the Cleveland performance of its "Time Machine" show on April 15, 2011 at the Quicken Loans Arena will be filmed for a full-length release.

Cleveland is remarkable for being one of the very first U.S. cities where RUSH performed, in addition to being the first city to provide American airplay.

This will be a must-see event for RUSH fans in Cleveland � and for everyone able to make the road trip as it is will also mark the first live full-length filming on U.S. soil.

The "Time Machine" tour is an evening with RUSH, where they will perform their classics, give a taste of the future and will � for the first time ever in the U.K. � feature the "Moving Pictures" album live in its entirety.

The first North American leg of the tour kicked off in June of 2010 and led to RUSH ranking #1 on Billboard's "Hot Tours" chart, followed by a return to Brazil and first-time shows in Argentina and Chile on their South American tour this past fall.

"'Moving Pictures' is our most popular album and it's the one that seems to have passed the test of time most gracefully," observes singer/bassist Geddy Lee. "We're playing better than ever, and I'm not sure we're quite ready to put that tour away," he adds.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 11:16am
That reminds me.  I have to get around to buying the 2112/Moving Pictures DVD. 
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 7:30pm
Love Rush! Must get hold of this soon too.
GLAM METAL!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

This was the Classic Albums series? Do want too.
<- Click on this!
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

This was the Classic Albums series? Do want too.
I bought the Classic Albums DVD with the 2 Rush albums last week.

I really enjoyed it - over 2 hours of info on these classic albums - discovered a lot of trivial but interesting info on them. Lots of interviews and heaps of special features with extra songs and interviews. a real bargain too at only 19.95 Aus dollars.

Also in the same shop finally bought Beyond the Lightest Stage DVD and a Retrospective 3 Cd and DVD in a bargain bin for only $10 - plus I bought my last Rush album to complete the set - Test for Echo - A really great day on holidays in a shop that had lots of metal...

That was part of my shopping spending spree. I also bought a terrific Transatlantic DVd 

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 24 Jan 2011 at 6:02am
GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic